Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question about NTL's installation:

• 23-03-2005 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Hello everybody,

after looking at the offerings from various broadband providers I have decided to wait until NTL roll it out in Waterford where I live.

On the day it's installed will the engineer bring a new cable into the house from the box attached to the outside wall near the roof or will he split the current line in the attic?

I will be using a PCI network card for the connection rather than USB. Will I need to buy anything else besides the network card, or will NTL supply a cable modem/hub of some description? If they do supply one would I be better off buying my own anyway and if so what should I get?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

The Thing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

The_Thing wrote:

On the day it's installed will the engineer bring a new cable into the house from the box attached to the outside wall near the roof

in my case yes.
    The_Thing wrote:
    I will be using a PCI netwok card for the connection rather than USB. Will I need to buy anything else besides the network card, or will NTL supply a cable modem/hub of some description?

i was given a modem, network cable and a usb cable and usb installation cd as an option.

took about 30 mins. glory days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

OK lee_baby_simms,

Thank you for your timely reply. Do NTL Bill monthly or is there a once off yearly fee up front once the trial period is finished?

Thanks again for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Beats

Had 750 kps installed a few weeks ago. The engineer placed a splitter on the cable point, to which we have attached router for wireless network. Living in an flat, so may be different to house. Took about thirty minutes. Three months free. Payment is added to TV bill which is paid every second month.

I'm adicted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Why not check their website - particularly the page detailing the installation ;)

They supply a modem, they tell you this on their website too - right here

http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/athome/internet.html

hth,
    causal

Advertisement