Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car via internet - big savings ?

Options
  • 23-03-2005 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

I have just come across this Irish website which (according to askaboutmoney.com) offers big savings when buying new or used cars.

One buyer is supposed to have saved 25% when buying a new Renault ?!

www.internetcarcompany.ie

What do you guys make of it ?

(BTW, another interesting site www.eurocarprice.com)

N.B. - I haven't compared prices/info on either site yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭lilulila

I tried to buy a car advertised on carzone from a motor dealership in bandon. The sales person promised me the world but in the end i just ended up getting ars*d about first car was sold even though it was promised to me. He found me a similar car but because it was a cdx version he wanted more money. Decides to ring me when he knew i was on my way to the bank to get the cheque and tell me that the new car was also sold. so ended up buying local in the end.

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

you have to request a quote which is annoying as it would be a lot handier if you could easily see the discounted price. They state 'Serious Buyers only' when requesting the quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Silvera wrote:
    I have just come across this Irish website which (according to askaboutmoney.com) offers big savings when buying new or used cars.

One buyer is supposed to have saved 25% when buying a new Renault ?!

www.internetcarcompany.ie

What do you guys make of it ?

Hmmm, Im thinking of buying new at the moment. Audi told me they would knock 2k off the price of a new A4. BMW would discount a second hand 3 series by about 2k at least. Volvo said they would discount the new S40 by 750 euro. I would only get those prices if I was buying straight.

Ill definatly be checking out that site. Thanks for the link Silvera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭KyUss

All new cars sold in Ireland have a possiblity for a discount , its called profit margin.
    A sought after car wont be let get sold with much discount because there is always another customer ready to buy.

What I reckon this site is all about is a company who has made agreements with multiple dealers of all brands of cars, ( or directly to the importing companies themselves ) , to quote you with a discount price, but it still obviously has profit in it for the dealers.

The benifits to the car dealer are that the only work they have to do is "hand over the keys", ie they are shifting units without effort .
    Also , the cars are being sold by the internet company , therefore the dealer is not "responsible" for the discount variations from one customer to the next. ...

The moral of the story is , that any discount offered by the company is possible if you push hard enough with the local dealer ....
    any comments ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

No matter what i would pay to a car dealer i would always feel like i've just been raped, because you can be sure they just made a **** load of money from you.

I would prefer to deal online rather than with some smarmy fu.ck who knows he's the one taking you for a ride .

Than again, i'd get a quote online and then head to the dealership... beat them over the head with it to get more money off maybe....

• Advertisement
Advertisement