Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a snake in the south east

• 23-03-2005 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I live in south Tipp and I've decided to buy a snake but I dont know where to go, how much its all going to cost me, what type of snake to get, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I'd suggest a pet shop..but not for the snake..for the books..many pet shops have books on keeping reptiles. I suggest you read up a bit more and do more research to deceide which snake would suit you best and how to take care of them. Also you will need to get hold of a vet that had experience with reptiles, you would more than likely have to travel for vet trips.

Never use a bare lightbulb use a heat pad..alkways be careful about the heating and lighting. Snakes can burn themselves so easily before they even know it.
    Corn snakes are the more commen ones kept as pets. Never begin with a large snake always find out how large they will grow etc before you even get one.

No expert with reptiles but you do need to get some good snake books, like with any new pet a bit of research goes a long way to avoiding problems in the future. HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Found a link which might help in gaining more info.
    http://www.irishanimals.ie/reptiles/index.html

Advertisement