Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

domain

Options
  • 16-04-2001 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

I've decided to move my demain from domainregistry.com coz there a bit ****e.

So I'm looking for place where I can also manage my site so who do you recommend.....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What do you mean by "manage"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Have a look @ www.cedant.com

Mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

well ideally I want somewhere were I can register and get hosting with ftp access
    all in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Like I said; have a look @ www.cedant.com

I had a look nothing there about registering frown.gif nice prices for hosting tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Hankster

Why not try http://www.findawebhost.com? They've got a nice search engine, where you can put in all sorts of different variables, bandwidth per month, space etc...

[This message has been edited by Hankster (edited 19-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Good advice is stay close to home. These days cheapie registration companies are going to the wall fast or being bought out and existing customers frozen out.

speednames.com are a group I have experience with. A client could not get the Domain name password to transfer hosting form them for love nor money (though he is still having to pay them). If they go bang his company is off-line for weeks an the Domain could take months to retrieve.

Stick to someone you can hassle on the end of a phone without paying a fortune or you can threaten to come and see personally or take legal action against.
    Try doing any of that with an existing forign company (not even in the throws of recievership) and see how far you get.

www.register.com whatca think?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tmcd

I have 2 domains with this company in america and will sign up another 2 using their service shortly. http://www.affordablehost.com/
    I havn't had 1 minutes problem with them so far. Also their prices are worth having a look at.

All the best

tmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tmcd

ps. whats a demain ? smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Somebody suggested:

http://www.portland.co.uk

before, so I moved my domain across to them. It's free, has ftp and cgi scripting etc. You can upgrade to a better package for a cost if you like. I'm quite happy with them, previously I was with register.com which are complete ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

register.com is a joke dont go near them 35 a year as well, goto ukreg.com or 000domains.com. The domains are cheap I dont know if they offer hosting etc. but all you have to do is change the dsn settings easy!

Ditto what the last guy said. Register.com are a shower of b*stards. Worse than NetSol.

thx checking em all out now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭root

I've found register.com to be very good.
    Far better than networksolutions at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    Ditto what the last guy said. Register.com are a shower of b*stards. Worse than NetSol.</font>

They're not a shower of b*stards anymore, I've moved to portland tongue.gif

(Check my profile for an explination).

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by root:
    I've found register.com to be very good.
    Far better than networksolutions at any rate.
    </font>

Try and transfer your domain away from them and come back and tell me they're good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭acidweb

www.acid.ie - Roughly the same price as cedant. domains 20 quid/year.

Advertisement