Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLANCHARDSTOWN exchange Users - Smart now Have Trigger Program

• 23-03-2005 2:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭

Smart are offering free line rental to first 100,000 broadband customers - they are currently at 70,000 users.

If you are in the Blanchardstown area please sign their "I am Interested" form. This does not commit you to anything.

They say if they get enough interest they will enable the exchange. Their offer is a good one and has been discussed on many other threads.

"Your phone number 0182***** is in the exchange BLANCHARDSTOWN.
    Unfortunately, Smart Broadband is not yet available to you! However we have a Trigger Program whereby the more interest we get from an area, the sooner we can bring Smart Broadband to you, so spread the word! Would you like to join our Trigger Program? "

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/products/residential/index.htm

Leave a note here to keep the thread alive for any other blanch exchange users.... :)

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Your link actually gives your home phone number, you might want to edit it mate.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

ozmo wrote:
    Smart are offering free line rental to first 100,000 broadband customers - they are currently at 70,000 users.

70,000? I'm sorry but that is rubbish. They last quoted 16,000 and even that's not true. They quite clearly said you only become one of the 100,000 when your broadband connection goes live. They do not have 16,000 live customers on 4 exchanges - unless I'm sorely mistaken.
    ozmo wrote:
    "Your phone number 0182***** is in the exchange BLANCHARDSTOWN.
    Unfortunately, Smart Broadband is not yet available to you! However we have a Trigger Program whereby the more interest we get from an area, the sooner we can bring Smart Broadband to you, so spread the word! Would you like to join our Trigger Program?
    "

You can trigger all you like and quite honestly I say good luck to you but this exchange has been discussed. The MAN simply does not reach it. These is very little that can be done about it. If SMART really are doing well then it'll be the people on the exchanges that are due to be enabled over the next few months that will be making up the 100,000. If they really were at 70,000 you wouldn't have a hope. This exchange isn't on the list. When it gets added it's not going to jump the list in place of another exchange - unless SMART are very nasty to their customers at other exchages.

I really don't mean to be such a downer to you but I think I'm talking realistically. I'm open to correction, as always...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

halenger wrote:
    I really don't mean to be such a downer to you but I think I'm talking realistically. I'm open to correction, as always...

Smart have 2 criteria .

1. Closenesss to ESB and/or MAN and/or T50 ring in Dublin

AND

2. Size of exchange.

Blanchardstown is a large exchange and is not an outrageous distance from the T50. It has a far better chance of being enabled by Smart than 90% of the exchanges in the country.

Use that Trigger level form .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I suspect those trigger things are a waste of time, but if Smart's offering works out for them I'm sure they will start buying bandwidth off the many other fibre assets around Dublin so they can increase the footprint because they're not gonna get anywhere if they're just going to cover a little bit of west Dublin.

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Blanchardstown is a large exchange and is not an outrageous distance from the T50. It has a far better chance of being enabled by Smart than 90% of the exchanges in the country.

That is a good point and I did consider it and I considered the wireless they were talking about - in order to extend the range to exchanges not too far from the MAN. I still think it'll be quite a while down the list. Good luck though. The more the merrier and all that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Sponge Bob wrote:

Done - even tried twice !!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

halenger wrote:
    You can trigger all you like and quite honestly I say good luck to you but this exchange has been discussed. The MAN simply does not reach it. These is very little that can be done about it. If SMART really are doing well then it'll be the people on the exchanges that are due to be enabled over the next few months that will be making up the 100,000. If they really were at 70,000 you wouldn't have a hope. This exchange isn't on the list. When it gets added it's not going to jump the list in place of another exchange - unless SMART are very nasty to their customers at other exchages.
    What list of exchanges that smart have, is there a list available ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I filled in the form, can do no harm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The link is messed up there is an extra http at the begining. I've registered I hope my details aren't used for marketing trash.

halenger wrote:
    That is a good point and I did consider it and I considered the wireless they were talking about - in order to extend the range to exchanges not too far from the MAN. I still think it'll be quite a while down the list. Good luck though. The more the merrier and all that. :)

Noticed yesterday that there is a Smart Telecom Phone Kiosk on Main Street in Blanchardstown outside the old AIB Bank site. Surely this is on their network ?

It is only a couple of hundred yards from Blanch Exchange ??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

YOu contact Smart and tell them to unplug that and plug the exchange in instead.

Sponge Bob wrote:
    YOu contact Smart and tell them to unplug that and plug the exchange in instead.

They might want to use it as a Hot Spot :) !!!

Noticed yesterday that there is a Smart Telecom Phone Kiosk on Main Street in Blanchardstown outside the old AIB Bank site. Surely this is on their network ?

It is only a couple of hundred yards from Blanch Exchange ??

Doubt it. They've a few around town also. I don't know how they work. They've been in town for a few years though so I'd say it's unrelated, sorry.

Advertisement