Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you know...

• 23-03-2005 6:18am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

That the word Jazz comes from the Irish word Teas?

I read it in Hotpress. It was said by some of the immigrants who went to america when they were say, for example at a baseball game, and they'd say he was on fire, or like, he's so good he's hot! And then when this new music was created it was referred to as hot music. So Jazz originates from Irish!!

Just a little tid bit I thought I'd add.

Gald to see some irish folk around when such good music exsisted. I'd love if I still had that article but I left that magazine in a mates place.

I hope the story is true anyhoo, cuz I like it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Jesjes wrote:
    That the word Jazz comes from the Irish word Teas?

I read it in Hotpress. It was said by some of the immigrants who went to america when they were say, for example at a baseball game, and they'd say he was on fire, or like, he's so good he's hot! And then when this new music was created it was referred to as hot music. So Jazz originates from Irish!!

Just a little tid bit I thought I'd add.

Gald to see some irish folk around when such good music exsisted. I'd love if I still had that article but I left that magazine in a mates place.

I hope the story is true anyhoo, cuz I like it.

There are loadsa theories as to where the word came from, the most widely know that around the turn of the centuary in New Orleans and San Francisco the term "jazzing" was used in reference to sex and is linked with the music.

But tbh no one really know's where it came from.

Fusion
    :cool:

Advertisement