Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Bad beat Jackpot

Options
  • 23-03-2005 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

I wish Tribeca did a Bad Beat Jackpot!

AA in the SB..
    I flat call..
    Flop AAK
    Button raises
    I call everyone else folds
    Turn
    He bets
    I flat call
    River
    He checks
    I bet
    He calls (I'm hoping for his all-in raise)

He turns over KK and has heart attack.

Sadly just an $11 pot...

Got to start playing on a site with a Bad Beat Jackpot.... :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

That wouldn't qualify for a bad beat jackpot unless he had 4 Kings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lordofthetilt

Yeah, realistically you could only hope for a bad beat jackpot in omaha. To be honest I've never seen quads busted in hold 'em. Seen nut flushes & fullhouses busted by quads & straight flushes but never anything more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

There was a hand in the world series last year where a full boat walked into Quads which in turn was busted by a straight flush in the same hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lordofthetilt

see, all you need is a nice hand at the right time and you can make it to the world series final table!!!!!!!!

now to find 10K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Ian147100

I have just consulted my poker records to confirm that I was playing in a hold 'em cash game in Fitzwilliam Card Club on 2nd January, 2005 and I had a bad beat in hold 'em. I played with pocket 3's in a 4 player raised up pot, the flop came QQ3, I checked under the gun and the pre-flop raiser bet, the other two folded and I flat called. Turn card was a 3 etc, etc, etc. You can imagine my disbelief when he turned over quad Q's, the blow was however softened by 1650 euro in the form of a bad beat jackpot which I probably spunked on useless crap like lava lamps, DVD's and sunglasses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

But for it truly to be a bad beat would the forth Q not have to fall on the river? Nonetheless a nasty experience. All of these features bad beat jackpots etc are in the melting pot for future consideration. One step at a time sweet jaysus! ;0)

Advertisement