Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Article: Truck driver shot with pellet gun on M50 motorway

Options
  • 23-03-2005 9:52am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭

from breakingnews.ie

A truck driver is recovering after apparently being shot with a pellet gun while driving along the M50 in Dublin this morning.

The incident happened between the Ballymount exit and the Red Cow exit on the motorway at around 2am.

The truck driver was taken to nearby Tallaght Hospital with a neck injury believed to have been caused by a pellet gun.

The scene has been sealed off pending technical examination, causing some traffic disruption.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

there's some little t0ssers going round, wtf is with them. I was at training last night and there were some scumbags throwing rocks over a fence at us... jeez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

A little OT, but...

We where just talking about this in work - would a pellet from a pellet gun go though a windscreen or would it have to be have been fired through the side window?

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Thats some shot... you'd have to lead the driver some amount... he was probably travelling at maybe 80-90kph.

Little scumbags all the same. My car got hit on the M50 by kids throwing rocks down at the cars. If it had hit the windscreen it would have been white out at 120kph. Little fuickers don't realise that if i had of lost control and ended up going through the central reservation into oncomming traffic there could have been a collision at an equivelant speed of 240kph. This was on a sunday afternoon with plenty of traffic about. Dead man driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

i know someone who had a brick thru their windscreen thrown from an overhead bridge on the m50. luckily it landed on the passanger side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

It must be great fun lobbing stuff off bridges at cars, and shooting pellets at drivers. I think I missed out on that as a child. That and breaking bus shelters. Must give that a go sometime. Reckon it's a deadly buzz judging by the amount of broken bus shelters i see around. Oh and robbing cars and burning them out. That'd be bleedin rapid.
    There was me as a youngster playing with lego and building ramps for me bmx and chasing and playing football and stuff, when all the while I could have been out there wrecking things and having soooo much more fun.
    Bloody little thugs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭lilulila

Kids thing they are invincible these days. Bring back the wooden spoon i say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

whacha expect when deres no pyha'cilities for da youngsters..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

lilulila wrote:
    Bring Back Birching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Debyaka

lilulila wrote:

Wooden Spoon!!!
    More like the chain of a bike! Some little knacker booted a football at my car while i passed dunárd the other night!! I saw it coming but there was nothing i could do. I would have gotten out and hammered the little runt only there was about 20 of em!! :mad:
    Lucky it did no damage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

maybe we should have a scanger olympics, with hitting moving targets with random projectiles as the main event, and shooting innocent folk with weapons brought back from the holliers in the costa del scum in there aswell.... any others you can think of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Absolutely senseless........we could have been looking at a man's death or a major motorway pileup with multiple deaths !!!

Little scumbags ! :mad:

Personally I think all the 'killing' computer/playstation games have a lot to answer for - many kids lose perspective between the imaginery and real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

kbannon wrote:
    from breakingnews.ie

............. shot with a pellet gun while driving along the M50 in Dublin this morning.

i catch this little $hithead then take this gun away from him stick it in his Ar$e and pull the trigger untill goes click.

as per Jesus recommendation from BIG LEBOWSKI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

Ratchet wrote:
    i catch this little $hithead then take this gun away from him stick it in his Ar$e and pull the trigger untill goes click.

as per Jesus recommendation from BIG LEBOWSKI
    I DIDN'T SEE MY FRIENDS DIE FACE DOWN IN THE MUD FOR THIS

Yeah I agree with Jesus' reccomendation even if he did expose himself to an eight year old.

p.s. Walter's right too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

I've seen that happen about here also. A friend and several others judging by the cars pulled over, had glass broken by small rocks coming over the boundary wall.
    Anyway, the cops are pretty fast to react to such incidents.
    the overpasses have fine mesh fencing to prevent the youngsters tossing large crap onto the road and on occasion to prevent the odd lost soul from tossing themselves onto the road also.
    I did get hit by a waterballoon once, did drive about the block, but no sign of anyone, I think they were being launched by catapult from behind some house.

Howver these gurriers have been practicing this for years. I remember ages ago on the train having the side window smashed adjacent to me as the trail neared Huston station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

lilulila wrote:

Screw that, I say bring back birth control.

God forbid if something like this were to happen to someone and it did end in a few deaths, I'd say it'd be farely unlikely they'd be caught. But then again, the law can surprise you sometimes. Like a DS detective giving you a stern warning for dropping a cigarette butt.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

The driver did very well indeed to control his truck. Must have frightened the crap outa him. Imagine, there you are drivin your truck listening to East coast radio ( the keep it country hour ) eating you yorkie and minding your own bees wax when "Kablamoo!"..... new trousers time me thinks.

Did you see the size of the hole in the windscreen :eek: , can a pellet/air gun do that sort of damage. That laminated glass stuff is pretty tough!, I've seen hammers bounce off the stuff.

Could it have been a .22?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Actually, thinking on it now - I agree with Peace, that was one hell of a shot.
    Not that I'm condoning the incident or anything, but the guy (child/idiot/whatever) was either really lucky or really good with a rifle (I'd go for the former)....considering it's been fairly windy recently and on a motorway the wind from the moving traffic. Not to mention having to lead the truck and so on.
    Even .22's would be affected by the wind a decent bit, a pellet would be whipped from here to Albaquerqie if somone blew at it. Bit of an exaggeration there but you know what I'm getting at.

Jesus, what if we're dealing with a whole new breed of scumbag here? Military trained ones? Then there's only one course of action. Napalm. Mixed with Nukes. Mixed with the evil grey squirrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Actually, an air rifle on an overbridge could make an easy target of a truck travelling in a straight line. Constant bearing, decreasing range targets are "easy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

Victor wrote:
    Actually, an air rifle on an overbridge could make an easy target of a truck travelling in a straight line. Constant bearing, decreasing range targets are "easy".
    pitty the little b.....d,didnt get caught,let the trucker kick his ass,sure more than likely the little sly s.....g,would get away with it, :mad: in an irish court of law,

Advertisement