Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Japanese DS games

Options
  • 23-03-2005 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

I'm tempted. Really tempted they have a lot of cool games out already - all you have to do is look here http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?nav=left_sub&category=275&

Whereeas some games will be instantly playable, some require you know the language for various parts. Any suggestions as to which games might be doable in japanese (Kirby's Magic Paintbrush I'm looking at you) and which won't (Another Code).

Also, any other good places to purchase apart from lik-sang / playasia?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

If you don't mind downloading a translation from gamefaqs or the like, then they are all pretty playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have Chokkan Hitofude (released here as Polarium) and Daigasso! Band Brothers (to be released here as Jam With The Band), and both are perfectly playable without knowing the language. Gamefaqs helped me with a translation of the menus in Chokkan (although you'll figure most of it out after playing about with the options for 2 minutes).

I'll be buying JWTB when it comes out here as it will have alot of different songs that aren't in the jap version.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Anything out in Japan will be out in the US/Europe soon enough so im in no hurry to grab em. Pac-Pix looks great, as does Kirby and Meteos.

Advertisement