Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

dodgy Licence plates

Options
  • 23-03-2005 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen plates that have grey maker logos under the licence no, they make the plates really difficult to read at certain angles
    i've seen em for volkswagen and ford

Are these legal or what?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

If you are talking about number plate 'frames' (pic below) then Yes, these are perfectly legal and are widely used throughout Europe.

It is illegal to have writing on the actual plate.

Number Plate Frames (plate fits into them) -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

Silvera wrote:
    If you are talking about number plate 'frames' (pic below) then Yes, these are perfectly legal and are widely used throughout Europe.

It is illegal to have writing on the actual plate.

Number Plate Frames (plate fits into them) -

i think he means the ones that have logo in the background . seen few golfs with these plates OK

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Are they the sort-of holographic plates? I have seen a few about, where looking from the side it says MINI or whatever, instead of the actual numbers.

Advertisement