Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting advertisers on my site

Options
  • 23-03-2005 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I want to start seeking advertisers to advertise on my site. Ive no idea how to go about it, or even how to value my space. I've no idea about contracts etc etc. Basically, I know nothing!

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    -Cian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

A lot would depend on your site's content and audience coupled with your traffic.

You could always start by getting adsense and move it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Google adsense (http://www.google.com/adsense) is probably your best bet...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

yeah google adsense isnt a bad way to go if your getting a lot of traffic, im way down on $1.36 in my account!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

What do they actually pay?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

whatever the advetiser decides! RTFM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

It won't hurt to sign up and see what happens. Boards.ie frontpage (on the right) is google adsense

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Adsense pays depending on what advertisers bid.
    A lot will depend on your site's traffic and content.
    It won't cost you anything to signup and try it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Please note that it;s not a good idea to talk about what you're making; they can ban you for this. They're recently changed this slightly; you can now talk about earnings broadly, but no specifics allowed.

Advertisement