Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double chance last night

Options
  • 23-03-2005 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Anyone make the final table? Who won? Paddy Hicks had a nice big stack when I was knocked out.

Only about 35 players in total, bad standard of play IMHO compared to most Tuesdays.

Was playing on table 3 until after the break, then moved to table 2 when 3 was broken. Made a big mistake earlier on table 2 after the break when the shortest stack went all-in for the third or fourth time in 15 minutes. I knew he was probably calling on a mid-pair or maybe KJ or QJ. I was BB and looked down to see the best card dealt to me all night, JJ. Unfortunately, John (middle-aged Chinese guy, good player) was sitting to the short stack's left and immediately went OTT with a re-raise, which would have put me all-in. I respected him too much, maybe, and folded, thinking the very least I was up again was 3 or 4 overcards between them. Short stack had KQh, John had AKo, nothing for either and there went my chance of almost tripling up. And this is after a thorough read of the site DeV linked to earlier in the week, with its analysis detailing the strength of JJ in multi-way pots!

Got knocked out in 14th place after sinking back to 12xBB - one player who was unable to play pre-flop without raising made it 1000 to go (blinds 150/300 I think), I was BB with A7h, three of us went with him, flop 3h4s5h. I went all in for almost 4000 and was immediately called by the player on the button, who flipped 44. I didn't catch any of my *many* outs.

How bad was my all-in after the flop? I still had 10xBB at that point.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

John knocked me out of a tournament about three weeks ago with AK, I had 1010 and I cursed myself on the way home about going out in a coin flip. I think your put down was ok because you knew he had a big hand. I agree with you that hes a good player (and terribly nice fellow as well) but he doesn't play without the goods. Just because you would have won doesn't make it a bad play.

Again, nothing wrong with your play at the end. If he folds you win nice pot and if not you have lots of outs. Thats the way I like to get my chips all-in. just a bit unlucky really.

Advertisement