Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Surround sound problem

• 23-03-2005 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

Since i got gt4 i have hooked my ps2 up to my surround sound system and from time to time there are gaps in the sound.

I know its not the disc because when i open the tray it still skips so its definitely the ps2. Anyone got any suggestions or had a similar problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

have not experienced anything like this, what sound system are you using?, i have an external cambridge soundworks using optical in, no problems

(something like http://ie.europe.creative.com/shop/product.asp?prod=569)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭dave oc

its not my surround sound system cause my xbox works fine using the optical cable.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

How long are these gaps?

Just because the tray is open and it still skips doesnt mean its not the disk - where do you think the sound data came from in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

if not the hardware, then the software, i noted somplace that you have to enable the prologic II (i think), perhaps it is your sound processor trying to turn a 2 channel signal into a 6 channel signal, it may be as simple as enabling the pro logic on the playstation and the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

It's probably the way your receiver decodes pro logic II. i have a crappy cheap one, and digital 5.1 sources are fine, but i keeps turning off the rear channels for a half second every now and then with DPLII. annoying as hell.

The lads at the rec/home entertainment forum might be a good place to look for answers

• Advertisement
Advertisement