Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Newbie

• 23-03-2005 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

I have been watching the line up for Wrestle Mania and the WWE have made a wise decision in not including any rookie wrestlers yet, so i was wondering if anyone else noticed any of the new wrestlers and seen potenial and i am awear that some of these guys have previous wrestling experience but this is the WWE so that doesnt count.
    I count anyone who joined after Wrestle Mania last year as a rookie.

I couldnt include everyone like Jesus, Daniel Puder, akio, Mordeca(he might return), and the Divas (the new ones like Christy Hemmy) so just post their names.

P.S. This isnt really about Wrestling Ability, more about anyone with potenial to make it as a superstar in the WWE.

Which rookie has the most Potential? 21 votes

Chris Masters
    0% 0 votes
    Gene Snitsky
    9% 2 votes
    Muhammad Hassan
    0% 0 votes
    Simon Dean
    9% 2 votes
    Tyson Tomko
    4% 1 vote
    Carlito
    0% 0 votes
    Heidenreich
    66% 14 votes
    Kenzo Suzuki
    4% 1 vote
    Luther Reigns
    0% 0 votes
    Engene
    4% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Chris Masters, in my opinion.Alot of people don't seem impressed with him (his finisher stinks) but I expect him to join Evolution and I think he will do well with those guys.
    Carlito would be second.He doesn't have the best wrestling ability but he has good charisma and good mic skils.

I expect the cruiserwieghts to get a big push later in the year.Frankie Kazarian has signed and it seems London will take the crusierweight title so I expect alot of those guys to gain some popularity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

For me, its a toss-up between Carlito and Eugene. Both are very charismatic, and have done very well with 'limited' gimmicks. Both are good wrestlers, good on the mic, and have good all round presence.

However, now that I think of it, I have to go for Carlito. Both himself and Eugene are injured, but which one still has a very prominent role on TV each week? Carlito. His feud with Teddy Long is making for good telly, and the fact that the wwe want to keep him on TV even though he is not 'active' suggests they have high hopes for him. I see a huge future for Carlito. His gimmick needs adjustment, but I dont think he is that far from the finished article.

Of the others, I feel that Hassan is the best. he is an above average wrestler, and cuts a great promo and plays the heel excellently. He is a good feud away from really making an impact imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd go for Carlito myself. He looks to be a decent wrestler and is very comfortable on the mic. I'd say part of the reason that he's on tv and Eugene isn't is to do with the nature of their injuries. It's harder to travel with an injured leg than an arm. And Carlito hadn't fully established himself on tv either

Simon Dean can definitely get the job done though, I think he did great back in his Nova days. I remember hearing that Stephanie made him get his hair cut because he looked too much like Triple H. Bitch

I've also heard that Daivari is as good a wrestler as Hassan, I'd like to see him in the ring. The thing with most of these guys is that they don't have a solid feud, and it gets old real soon when it stays like that. They should at least be feuding with each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I'd actually say London but I voted Hassan, the above post is right he is an above average Wrestler he seems to be the finished article already to me. And Daivari is brillant, especially for the way he handled the death threath he's a class act. Akio is also showing alot of potential

And Daivari is brillant, especially for the way he handled the death threath he's a class act.

What death threat?

• Advertisement

^^^

Some redneck yokel posted on Daivaris msg board that if he comes within 200 miles of his house, he'll shoot him. Daiviri replied saying - "if you were a true red blooded American, Im sure you wuld go at least 201 miles". Ill rummage for a link in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Simon Dean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Voted for Luther Reigns myself, he has one of the best finisher's of the new guy's but he has'nt used it in a while. Thought he was getting a push a month ago but i think that went to Jindrak. Still see big things for him.

Wouldnt has put Paul London up for vote but he has been there more than a year. Glad to see he's finally getting the attention he deserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

I voted for Carlito. WWE have a future in store for him. All he needs to do is get back into the ring and get the US Championship back around his waist sometime in the future and he'll be on his way. Looking forward to seeing him in Dublin next month! :D

What death threat?

Here we go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Wow, i guess there are people who take wrestling too seriously. I thought there might have been a reason that Hassan and Daivari has kinda stopped their America Bashing as of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

For ring skills, Dean is on the go a while now so probably has the edge there, although i've been impressed with Hussain and Eugene.

Character wise, Carlito definitely has the most prospects , but going by the year gone, Eugene was the best rookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

I voted Hassan......................... who the **** voted for heidenreich, own up dammit!

Wow the guy who sent that death threat is a ****head.Why are there so many stupid Americans like this who just can't distinguish between reality and entertainment?

I'd go for Carlito out of that list, but Reneé is better if we still consider him a newbie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

gimmick wrote:
    However, now that I think of it, I have to go for Carlito. Both himself and Eugene are injured, but which one still has a very prominent role on TV each week? Carlito. .

Have to agree, sign of real potential and a great character that even if not ring active your still very much aware of their presence. Ortons one had to be the best when he'd interrupt the middle of a match with THE RNN report and how his shoulder was 67% recuperatedN and getting better!

Angle did it by goin with the gm role and also when he and austin were both on d shelve. Hopefully nothing but green fields for carlito. Only annoying thing is i can see him becoming so "cool" :D that he may have the inevitable babyface run if fans get behind him.

Advertisement