Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone play Deathmatch Metroid DS yet?

Options
  • 23-03-2005 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭

...been keeping my DS in sleepy picochat mode continuously on the train journeys but alas no-one is yet to challenge me....

I'd love to know if it's any good....

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

smokingman wrote:
    ...been keeping my DS in sleepy picochat mode continuously on the train journeys but alas no-one is yet to challenge me....

I'd love to know if it's any good....

Sleepy pictochat? DS dosn't alert you to near by DS's when its in sleep mode. Best thing you can do to get challanged is pull ou the DS and play it so that others see it or leave it open in pictochat and see if anyone joins.

A few bords peeps have been playing it but those of us that imprted it are stuffed as the Euro demo and the US demo arn't compatible for multiplayer.

I was thinking of setting up a web site to try hook people up for mobile DS and PSP play but I have no free time ATM...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I too have been playing on train journeys, but only once was there a multi player game-and that was with someone i knew. Meroid is great fun but the demo is very limited, Mario 64's multi player is pretty crap, Picto chat is surprising, I'm not much of a chat person but it was a laugh the day i tried it.

Off topic now but did anyone else see the birthday message? the console also plays a different noise when it starts up on your birthday, which is amusing.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

It was refreshing after getting slaughtered non-stop whilst playing multiplayer in Mario. Although, one map seamed a bit big for just two-player death match. (Or was that me just getting lost, oh, never mind)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Yeah one of the maps is too big for 2 players its in there for the 4 players matches. 8 will need to be a bit bigger again.

According to a DS hacker who dumped out the Metroid ROM ther eis a hidden level in the ROM which is basicly just a big room but it was ideal for 8 players, a sign of things to come? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Can't wait to see how the full game turns out. Deathmatch is fun.
    BTW if anyone would be up for some multiplayer Metroid in UCD... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement