Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strencom Advice

• 23-03-2005 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

This is a e-mail i got back from strencom about a dsl
    package it seems everything looks good.
    Strencom Broadband is available in your area. We are a business to business provider only. However we will accept home users if they can invoice a business.If you could supply me with your no I will check and see if the line qualifies. If you have any other queries don't hesitate to contact me

my only problem is if i can invoice a business, how would i go about that?
    if any1 can help us out there it would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I think they require proof that you are a legit business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

I am with Strencom at the moment, if you can just provide a vat number, you are laughing. They will invoice you then every 3 months, no questions asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

how are their speeds and pings?

also what about throttling?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Are they available in Dublin?

CyberGhost wrote:
    how are their speeds and pings?

also what about throttling?
    Well we have the 2Mbit uncapped connection from them and speeds are alway around 1600-1800Kbps. Pings are about 200ms. I heard no mention of throttling from them anyways.

They are available where ever there is Dsl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Well we have the 2Mbit uncapped connection from them and speeds are alway around 1600-1800Kbps. Pings are about 200ms. I heard no mention of throttling from them anyways.
    The pings are to were? Could you ping boards.ie and clarity.jolt.co.uk? So your download speeds reach ~220kB? That's impressive :)

I cannot ping them from where i am cause im not using it here. I have a wireless broadband business of my own and i use this as my backhaul. But if i amo over near one of my nodes later I will surely do some ping tests for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hmm amazing amount of Strencom customers appearing out of the woodwork all of a sudden considering its not a provider mentioned much in the last few years...avoid my gut says....

90.2:38.4

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Longfield wrote:
    Hmm amazing amount of Strencom customers appearing out of the woodwork all of a sudden considering its not a provider mentioned much in the last few years...avoid my gut says....
    Em.....correct me if im wrong but reading back through the posts....I seem to be the only customer. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Em.....correct me if im wrong but reading back through the posts....I seem to be the only customer. :cool:

Indeed you are, i hope it works out for you :)

90.2:38.4

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

The pings are to were? Could you ping boards.ie and clarity.jolt.co.uk? So your download speeds reach ~220kB? That's impressive :)
    I have done a ping test of www.boards.ie and the quickest time was 27ms

Advertisement