Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SDLP caught lying over McCartney "support"

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 poneill

cdebru wrote:
    the over exposure in the media and the comments made about gerry adams and not shaking his hand I suspect will not play well in republican nationalist areas I think they have been badly advised over the last 2 to 3 weeks wether that was the SDLP or themselves I don't know but i think they have allowed the focus to come of the search for justice

Great . The pubs are open again

What did the SDLP do wrong ?

Answers on a postcard. !

cdebru wrote:
    well tbh I suspect that a lot of people are not coming forward out of a misplaced sense of loyalty
    That could be an element yeah, but given what these IRA members did to the guy, lots of people wouldnt be in a hurry probably to say anything public against them, in case the same was done to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Cork wrote:
    There is a very interesting statement on the SDLP website.
    Is that the Alasdair McDonnell press release? If it is and as you say it's on the site, drop us in a link (at the moment you've not credited it to anyone so it's just some statement from some unnamed bloke)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

This is more west belfast wind and piss

1, The SDLP were not in the pub in the Short Strand
    2. The SDLP did not kill McCartney
    3. The military wing of The SDLP dd not kill McCartney
    4. The military wing of The SDLP dd not intimidate and hinder the investigation into the killing of McCartney
    5. The SDLP did not hinder the investigation into the killing of McCartney or provide a front for its military wing in so doing.
    6. The SDLP did not warn McCartneys sisters to Be Careful and not cause a sit-YEE-ayshun .

I fail to see what they did wrong ..... in the big picture of things. Only a muppet shinner could have dragged this thread on so long in the vain hope of making somethng 'stick' .......like a Sinn Féin lily nowadays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭MT

This attack on the SDLP is nothing more than a concerted effort by the Republican Movement to cover up the brutal McCartney slaying by their own armed wing. Just witness the attempts to portray the sisters and SDLP in league together, conspiring to harm the interests of the nationalist community. The whole tactic takes rank hypocrisy to a new low.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You can smell the fear about the way the sit-YEE-ayshun is going . The Nationalist vote in Fermanagh , West Tyrone and Md Ulster in the next general electon is whats at stake.

We will see shortly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

we will but i doubt you will get the outcome you are hoping for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,246 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Sponge Bob wrote:
    You can smell the fear about the way the sit-YEE-ayshun is going . The Nationalist vote in Fermanagh , West Tyrone and Md Ulster in the next general electon is whats at stake.

We will see shortly :)

Still doing the juvenile attempt at accents?

I don't thinkit will be as you hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

yeah the sit-YEE-ayshun thing was not very funny the first time and the more you try and lever it into your posts the less funny it gets

And the mountains of mourne swept down to the sea....
    And meanwhile a volcano erupted in abbeydorney...

Thats what some lad shouted from the back of Theatre L in UCD at an L+H debate on something or other when the debate got boring or repetitive.
    I still laugh at it sometimes or use it to this day.

Thread closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement