Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text Effect Generators

Options
  • 25-08-2001 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any stand alone programs for creating a wide array of text effects...
    Shadow, Outlines shading etc.

In MS Word, word art is useful sometimes but it creates "jaggy" text.

If ne1 knows of sommit I haven't found as of yet, just post smile.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Have a look around for a program called Xara WebStyle - it does just what you're looking for smile.gif

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Cool 3D does 3D effects for text aswell as some nifty animations.

-Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Thanks for the suggestions here-to-fore.

Niall, I've downloaded the XARA trial version. It looks good so far. thx!

Irish Assassin, I'll look into the COOL 3d thang wink.gif

Any other bright ideas....Keep 'em comin smile.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

[This message has been edited by 80project.com (edited 26-08-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

There's a program called Swish on this months PC PLus magazine. I'm assured it does all sorts of really cool Flash text stuff for you.

RE: Swish

I Have it!!
    Quite good actually for doing simple flash stuff.

What I really want it for is presentations / cover sheets for PDF files. The xara webstyler is good and along the lines of something I'd want. It's shareware though so I've 14 days left w/out licence key frown.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 80project.com:

The xara webstyler is good and along the lines of something I'd want. It's shareware though so I've 14 days left w/out licence key frown.gif

</font>

Same here... and none of those "naughty" sites have a 'crack' for it wink.gif

Version 1.2, however, if you can find it, can be easily cracked... not that I'd advocate that sort of thing rolleyes.gif

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

Haven't found the 1.2 cr*ck yet- The search goes on- v 2.0 is nowhere to be found frown.gif

I see some "Webstyle" influence in the new seminar banner ads??

Actually webstyler came in came in real handy 2day. I was doing a few covers for reports in work. Normally when you send it to the PDF distiller printer, when using word, the output is so jaggy you cant use it. The lettering and shadows etc. stayed perfect.
    I'll let u know if any of those naughty sites accidentially on purpose leave some of those naughty "c" words floating around wink.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 80project.com:

I see some "Webstyle" influence in the new seminar banner ads??

</font>

YyyYyYyyYYyYup... I'm rumbled wink.gif

Bard

Advertisement