Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

highest quality, practice and performance

Options
  • 23-03-2005 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi, just trying to find out what the best juggling balls are for practice and performance, we can go into clubs too if you want but i'm mainly concerned with balls, i assume we'll get different ones for practice and performance but you never know i guess. I'm thinking about getting a set of dx powerballs for practice so as that whenever i juggle anything else it'll just float over my hands and maybe some fireballs or a set of stage balls (fluorescent dreams maybe?) for performance (not that i do that much performance). I think the beanbags are nice and all them being so squishy but i have to admit i do really prefer the stay spherical balls, it would be nice to get a set of silicone ones but i'm not really that rich, or i'm just too lazy to save up that much:P. Is there anyway other than by ordering to get stage balls? i doubt it but i may as well ask.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

Cocoa, sillies last a long time and most people who have them really love them, but they are waay too expensive at the moment in my opinion.
    If you're looking for bouncy balls, you can get them for a couple of Euro each in a pound shop type place. They aren't as durable as sillies, but they are actually more bouncy.
    If you just want a round ball, DX balls are the right way to go. They are nice to juggle with, and they look really good too.
    I don't know what power balls are, but I don't like the sound of them.
    At the moment, I have a set of DX balls, a set of small henry's beanbags and a set of samballs.
    The DX balls stay in the cupboard most of the time, the beanbags are gorgeous to juggle, but they're new, and I haven't got them dirty yet, so I haven't really broken them in.
    Samballs are the ones I use all the time - They're cheap, nice to juggle (I flashed 8 of them last weekend), and have a light inside them, great for juggling at night time. Have a search for them on the net. I'm not aware of any suppliers in Ireland at the moment.

Generally speaking, if you really want to buy stuff in a shop, you can ask them in the art&hobby shop to order it in for you from beard in the UK, but in my opinion, you're almost always better off to buy over the net, where you can shop around and usually find things a lot cheaper than any shop sells them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

are you sure samballs are still being manufactured? i googled for them and the only things i got were in german or were other forums talking about them briefly. I'll probably go for the dx balls anyway but is there anyone here who thinks that in regard to dx and stage balls it is not worht the extra pound you should stick with the stage balls?

ok, guys thanks for the advice, i think i'll get myself a nice set of dx balls, my only decision left to make now is whether or not to get the luminous ones, i think i'll go for the normal ones though. thanks again.

sorry, for the triple post, i found the samballs, you can get them off beard for £4.50 so you could probably get the art and hobby shop to morder them in and buy them for approx 8euro. Thanks again for the info.

Advertisement