Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Broadband to New House

• 23-03-2005 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Moving Eircom Broadband business 2mb package to new house.
    Is there a reconnection fee for the broadband, other than the line activation fee?

It will be connected on the same exchange.

And does it take long for the broadband to be reactivated?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

you will most certainly be charged some form of reconnection fee. At least I was. If its anything to go by, I was waiting one month before my new line was up & running after moving house. Business dsl might be different... expect a month though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Moving Eircom Broadband business 2mb package to new house.
    Is there a reconnection fee for the broadband, other than the line activation fee?

It will be connected on the same exchange.

And does it take long for the broadband to be reactivated?

I moved house last year, had to cancel BB in the old house, and re-order it for the new one. Which took a while, as the line had to be tested yadda yadda.

I was lucky I was out of contract with them, otherwise they could have penalised me for breaking one contract...even though I was taking out another with them... /sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

I was in the same situation in December with a bus broadband account with eircom. I had to cancel my old account and order all over again from the new line.

I had to use the 2 offices because the new line took almost 8 weeks to get broadband connected. Canceled the the old broadband the day the new line was enabled for broadband.

Had to pay an extra 2 months rent to carry both offices while I waited for Eircom. Cant tell you enough what a shower of ******** they are.

☀️ 7.6kWp ⚡3.4kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ericzheng

If moving Broadband to new house should cancel the old fixed line account first, how long Eircom will take to cancel the line? Should I pay the cancelling fees? My Broadband provided by UTV, so should I ask UTV to suspend the service or inform them after got new phone number and continue to pay the monthly rental during the gap?

What's the best planning for that if I will move the house during this Sept.? sounds like I should got the new house address two months before, then inform Eircom for the moving/cancel and order new one at same time, as following continue to play the waiting game at least for 5 weeks...

How much euro we should waste for this moving?
    cancelling fees? + new line fees + one/two month Broadband rental for the waiting game + one/two month fixed line rental during the game + (one/two month without Broadband) + anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Where are you living? By the sound of things it looks like you'll end up paying Eircom to reconnect in your new house. If it's going to cost you just to get a new contract with eircom you might as well see if you can move ISP. If that's the case then you should see what other providers are available to you. If you can get it you should see if you could get NTL or Smart's service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Shadow-Lord

I am on the Wellington Rd. exchange in Cork.
    If I get a new contract with Eircom will I lose my static IP adresses.

Advertisement