Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Web Site any good?

Options
  • 28-08-2001 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I made this web site recently and i was wondering.
    Does it serve the purpose?
    Does it work well>?

Please tell me all!!

No 1 ever suspects Jay and Silent Bob.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Umm we kind of need the address rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Since you didn't post a link, I assume you are talking about the link in your Profile.

And since I'm not really a games player, I cannot judge your content. So to be nice I'm going to give you full marks there wink.gif

But what I like about it is that it runs quickly. You haven't overdone it on images (which is good). But the flash animation at the start could pause a little longer between message. Also (sorry for being critical), usually links leading from a nav-pannel do not lead to external sites. They are intended for navigating your own content. If you want to link to another site, just use simple text or very small graphic inside the content pages (as opposed to nav).

But I like it coz it's fast. First impressions are the most important ya know!, and speed is the first thing ppl will notice. Finally when the site loads, they will start to look at things like graphics and all that. But if it takes too long to load they probably won't even get to see the graphics, that you potentially spent hours creating (so effectivly a waste of time).

Another important thing is not to mix and match between pages (ie Colour schemes, fonts etc). This is a similar principal to the one used for GUI design in software dev. Keep your design consistant between pages and just change the content. Using frames often makes this process easier.

That's my 2c

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

It looks nice. Tres quick too. I just don't like the combination of those 2 blues though, it's a bit... dull?

Gamers Europe :: Keeping It Simple

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Lo Diab tis Sbdi biggrin.gif your corners look a little rough on the edges and there is no need for the enter button.

The layout isnt anything amazing fairly plain maybe mess around with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep I'd agree with everyone above. Loads good, real fast even on 56K connection. Nicely laid out, a little bare maybe, and the typeface is plain. Font Faces and overall curves on the nav bar could be smoother, but are a great looking idea. No need for the enter button. At all. Good Work!

"I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Dr. Homer Simpson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

What did you do the graphics in.

It's pretty good, nice and simple.

One thing,
    You should anit-alias the text and the curve.

And if you don't know what anit-aliasing is, look it up, it'll make the site look 5x better with little or no extra effort on your part.

- Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

As with all the above said it's nice and fast in loading, but it looks quite barren at the front page and the colours scheme is not very nice to look at.
    Maybe try darker shades of blue if you want to stick with blue, but I think red would work nicer considering the nature of the site.

Advertisement