Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prob With Voda LIVE!

Options
  • 23-03-2005 10:00pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    anyone else having problems with voda live??
    I cant connect @ all & I was getting some connection error messages when trying to make calls too! :(

Ne one else?? :confused:

Mik

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

you using 3G? - since I 'upgraded' that kind of stuff has been happening at times alright

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yep using 3G but it has been a bit slow latley - today just takes the biscut!!

and on the subject of 3G :mad: I went through a 3 week process with vodafone to see why my 3G was not working properly while browsing. getting a text every day from them saying ' your query is being looked into' and the 'tech' staff telling me they had to check cells in my area and other various excuses like ' are you sure you are not moving around' I finally got an answer from them:

" Sir, I have been told by the engineers that the network cannot support switching from 2.5 to 3G network while using the phone on the internet/call, you will have to manually reconnect each time"

So what is all this bull about 'seamless' transfer??? :confused:

taken from voda website "To ensure seamless handover from the 3G to 2.5G network, set your Network selection to Automatic. Your phone will automatically default to 3G when you are in a 3G coverage area"

the first part is true, but alas the second not!

but for the moment not a lot we can do???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

yeah - experienced the inability for it to maintain a connection soon after upgrading alright

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Oh I have had all the issues all right.

Thing that gets me the most is they brag SO much about the 3G service they offer, and the network they have cannot even support it properly!! :rolleyes: :eek:

Just wondering if other networks will have the same issue when they launch?? :confused:

Mik

Advertisement