Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB looking for testers for 2Mb product

• 23-03-2005 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

IBB is looking for 5 to 10 users of their existing 1Mb Breeze product to test their new 2Mb entry level broadband service.

They will upgrade the existing 1Mbps symetrical service to a 2Mbps symetrical service.

The test is simply to test the upgraded transmission network and backhaul capacity and see whether there are any glitches before releasing the product into the market.

Testers will be subject to occassional adjustments as the service is tweaked, and will be required to meet with the IBB marketing team to discuss their perceptions of the service and their experience.

Any interested parties can PM me and I will get back to the selected ones. Let me know the base station you are on as it would be preferable to have one or two people per base station.

DO NOT post your personal details on the Board or to me. Selected candidates will be given an e-mail address to send their account number and base station to only. No personal details.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

OldTitan wrote:
    IBB is looking for 5 to 10 users of their existing 1Mb Breeze product to test their new 2Mb entry level broadband service.

They will upgrade the existing 1Mbps symetrical service to a 2Mbps symetrical service.

The test is simply to test the upgraded transmission network and backhaul capacity and see whether there are any glitches before releasing the product into the market.

Testers will be subject to occassional adjustments as the service is tweaked, and will be required to meet with the IBB marketing team to discuss their perceptions of the service and their experience.

Any interested parties can PM me and I will get back to the selected ones. Let me know the base station you are on as it would be preferable to have one or two people per base station.

DO NOT post your personal details on the Board or to me. Selected candidates will be given an e-mail address to send their account number and base station to only. No personal details.

PM sent :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Im game sending pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Im' interested. Pm (almost) sent!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

PM sent OldTitan! I'd be happy to assist ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

I did send a PM but have since changed my mind.

Currently having trouble with my conn again so not worth the hassle until its sorted ( if it can be )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 OldTitan

Legion wrote:

Currently having trouble with my conn again so not worth the hassle until its sorted ( if it can be )

Your MRTG graphs show throughput of a full meg for an hour a short while back, but there is an anomaly in the radio vs ethernet stats. Force your ethernet card settings manually down to 10Mb half-duplex and see if that makes a difference? Some ethernet cards do not always adapt to the radio speeds when set to Auto.

OldTitan wrote:

That would be very interesting .....

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Legion wrote:

Might actually get them to sort it out for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Pm sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

PM'd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Good to see that IBB are responding with upgraded speeds. Excellent in fact.

I just hope they start doing 2mb for €50 and reduce the price of 1mb.

Yeah hoping they dont up the price of the 2mb a 2 mb for 48 would be nice

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I just hope they start doind 2mb for €50 and reduce the price of 1mb.

they will probably have a 1mb entry and 2mb service ! IBB when its right is a far better product than DSL !!! Symetrical !! The Eircom and Smart thread are complaining about the upoloads for the new 2mb being 128kps speed !! 2mb up is fantastic............. hopefully they have the bandwidth in the basestations to cater for the increase !!!

OldTitan wrote:
    Your MRTG graphs show throughput of a full meg for an hour a short while back, but there is an anomaly in the radio vs ethernet stats. Force your ethernet card settings manually down to 10Mb half-duplex and see if that makes a difference? Some ethernet cards do not always adapt to the radio speeds when set to Auto.

Well I wont go into it all here again as its not the thread for it ( The WiseMan has been looking into it for me) but it was fine when first installed and nothing as changed on my machine or the young lads so I dont see how changing it now will solve it.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

PM'ed.

As always, the presence on boards is appreciated (but not everyone says that :p).

Hope everything works out for ye, and we have a seamless transfer to the faster speeds, and no high sites exploding under the additional bandwidth pressure :p

Its funny when i think back that i've been a customer for nearly 2 years now. Been through one or two very rough patches with the service, and a few more middling ones. Lets hope it keeps going smoothly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

PM sent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

PM Sent..

As I mentioned in the PM, am moving address soon. I really hope I do not suffer some of the experiences others have had on this forum when dealing with your customer services.

I am actually delighted with the 1mb service for the past 6 months and this is the reason I am willing to pay 150 euro to move it as oppossed to just ending the agreement and getting DSL in the new place with Eircom's or IOL's increased speed services.

Can you do anything to make sure I get a call to move my equipment while I actually have access to the current address? I called late last week but I have no idea how long it takes ye guys to schedule something like this. Please say its nothing like getting a new install..

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭uteotw

Let me see... when IBB updated me to the VL Gear way back then... they didn't set me to 1Mbps straight away... I was running 2 to 3 Mbps on FTP downloads and 10Mbps on HTTP !!! That was going on for 3 days... I can tell you that I was very happy and didn't see any problem at the time.

• Advertisement

Sssh, don't tell them that :p We need to test it properly...over a long period of time. And hopefully during that time our monthly bill will be waived :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

2meg up and down, low ratio...

now that is a product I want...

gotta be hot stuff as well with everyone complaining about lack of upload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 OldTitan

Thanks to all the IBB clients on the Boards who have responded. We have appointed the testers and no more are required.

The first batch of 7 testers will have their speeds increased today and will receive an e-mail advising them so.

IBB's marketing department will be in touch with them next week.

Enjoy the 2Mb up and down this week-end!

Cheers

OldTitan

Did you get my second PM OldTitan?

rightio, sent my email to ye. Didn't have my accout number handy though, but the name of the account is the same as the name on the email address, so you should be able to pick me out i assume.

Muchos Gracious.

So come on then who are the lucky 7 then guys or is it all hush hush ??? :)

Legion wrote:
    So come on then who are the lucky 7 then guys or is it all hush hush ??? :)

I got it !! :-) 248 kbs fantastic with 500kbs burst !!!

Thanks Old Titan

Need any more help let me knw !!! :-)

Bastard.

Any chance you want to go into work tomorrow OldTitan?

I got a Pm, sent a email awhile ago about it :) hopefully i will get topped up soon :)

• Advertisement

I'm still awaiting my top-up aswell, i assume it'll be done early tomorrow. I wait in hope.

Advertisement