Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB looking for testers for 2Mb product

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

looks like 3 rock has made a recovery in the last few minutes???

prolly just cursed myself lol

edit:yep, cursed myself, switched on this morning and its all over the place again :(

nightmarish speeds and pings all day since yesterday afternoon,down to near 56k speeds...

you in the same position drapper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Ive noticed the speeds are bad around lunch time but I asume thats just them testing out the 2 meg thing or making tweeks. It drops to about 30 k both directions but always makes a recovery later on in the day.

well ive noticed the above occassionally but it has been absolutely piss poor now for the last 36 hours...pings are still 500+ and downloads are 5-7k...might have to make the dreaded phone call 2moro...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Downstream 1520 Kbps (190.0 KB/sec) 1641 Kbps (inc. overheads) Upstream 1916 Kbps (239.5 KB/sec) 2069 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Not bad at all for the time of day?just got upgraded to 2mb today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

*admires his 1meg/1meg*

[Sarcasm]My upgrade to beta testing status has gone splendidly[/Sarcasm]. Looks like i'll not be getting 2 meg after all. :(

Mine is still good but i dont really get the full to 2 meg its more like 1.75 but it jumps all over the shop. i supose it could be due to where im downloading from. Uploads are alywas the full 220+ K though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Finally got my equipment moved to my new address. Was worried about being moved of Belmont onto Three Rock but its great so far, possibly better. I am Sector 1 on Three Rock by the way..

Just gotta get this upped to 2mb now from the existing 1mb. OldTitan, will you check your PMs please. I appreciate that you are likely busy but it is pointless coming on here originally and doing all that good work and not maintaining it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Finally got my equipment moved to my new address. Was worried about being moved of Belmont onto Three Rock but its great so far, possibly better. I am Sector 1 on Three Rock by the way..

Just gotta get this upped to 2mb now from the existing 1mb. OldTitan, will you check your PMs please. I appreciate that you are likely busy but it is pointless coming on here originally and doing all that good work and not maintaining it.

He is usually on after 8 ish !! I've noticed !!

my 512k seems to have made an improvement today...thank god

rang a nice chap on the phone who is checking about moving me to 1meg and the possibility of 2meg trial still...

he did say he would ring me back today though lol...heres hoping

**fingers crossed**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Drapper wrote:

Ah that explains it.. I'm obviously a little impatient..

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

Drapper wrote:

He's been offline since- Last Activity: 30-03-2005 21:12 according to profile.

Waiting on a reply to a pm myself ;)

Legion wrote:
    He's been offline since- Last Activity: 30-03-2005 21:12 according to profile.

Waiting on a reply to a pm myself ;)

Easter hols ? Kids off school ?

;-)

He got back to me during the week, i think it was wensday or thrusday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Jaysus lads, ye need to get out more! hehe give the lad a chance. ;)

carbsy wrote:
    Jaysus lads, ye need to get out more! hehe give the lad a chance. ;)

Why wate space on the thread m8 ? Keep your SMART comments to yourself

Well the thread was started becuase they were looking for testers it wasnt ment to be a support thread. I do admit though i asked him for my conection graph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Drapper wrote:

The ironing is delicious.

This is a not so subtle warning. For everyone. Behave please. Now, back on topic.

So, people on the 2meg test. How's it been over the last few days? Have the problems sorted themselves out, or are you still getting erratic performance?

Also, people who weren't on the 2meg trial originally, are any of ye on 2meg yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'm on 2mb now. Didn't get through for the tests. I'm getting 230-240kB on average which is faster then most of the people on Eircom/Esat etc.

• Advertisement

This is Irishbroadband not utv :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Drapper wrote:

I wasn't being SMART - just stating the facts.Give the lad a chance to reply... I'm on IBB too but do you see me peppering him when I don't get a 00ber quick response? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Anyone know when ibb roll out this upgrade?

I would of though it would of been the end of last week but maybe this week sometime.Dont like the though of eircom and the likes having faster download speeds. then again i am on the 2mb test but just looking out for ye guys :D

This is Irishbroadband not utv :rolleyes:
    I know... but you did send me that PM saying someone not on the trial was on 2meg, and i was wondering if anyone else was noticing 2meg speeds... :rolleyes:

I assume something will happen within a week or so. Til then, lets sit back and relax.

I know... but you did send me that PM saying someone not on the trial was on 2meg, and i was wondering if anyone else was noticing 2meg speeds... :rolleyes:

I assume something will happen within a week or so. Til then, lets sit back and relax.

Yeah Ciaran500 did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

I'd be happy just to have my 1meg work properly. It started to crawl on Friday night, I called IBB and they admitted there seems to be major packet loss from the SIAC building onto their network, then as far as I can tell they promptly buggered off for the weekend without even attempting to fix it.

Just when I thought IBB had turned the corner to decency...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭enigma_b17

is every1 who has the breeze 1mb lite being upgraded to 2mb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

hi im still on the 512kbps connection with ibb, what do i have to do to get upgraded to the 2mb line?is there a hardware upgrade involved?how long is the wait?

• Advertisement

if u look at my posts su dios u will see im in the same position...

i rang on friday and after a rather long call they said they wud get back to me same day...naturally that didnt happen but ill see if i hear anything next couple days...

Advertisement