Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst design for .COM site

Options
  • 30-08-2001 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

OK - there are plenty of naff Geocities
    sites.... but I just came across this
    beauty:

http://www.girlswithoutskin.com
    (don't let the URL put you off... it doesnt
    make any sense!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Take a look at this one:

http://www.asgard3.com

You don't want to know how much they paid for this pile of crap. (Also note the prominent displaying of a *one* Doras shamrock rating - the web designer calls this site an 'award-winning' site on the back of the Doras rating)

You can imagine where it goes from here. --- He fixes the cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭acidweb

I suppose what you're trying to get at is that if someone is going to go ahead and buy a .com, they would spend more then 5 mins on development fo the site. What puzzles me is when someone goes to the expense + effort of getting a .ie and doing same. http://www.connect.ie - one that sticks in my head.

What's this icon (left) ment to be?

www.acid.ie

doh, I mean the one beside "posted 30-08-2001 06:50 PM"

www.acid.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

€irCOM & their stupid mouse site.

Nearly had a heart attack when it opened up.
    Background sound is big NO NO IMO smile.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

http://www.web-scapes.org/

Oh deary dear frown.gif

-Dave

[This message has been edited by irishassassin! (edited 30-08-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That last one - would anyone in their right mind trust that crowd to sort out their web launch. ffs

"I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Dr. Homer Simpson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

The sad thing is that ever little **** who has a copy of Frontpage or Dreamweaver thinks that that qualifies them as a 'web designer'.

I've seen plenty of sites done by complete ****ing amateurs who just bull**** businesses into paying out hefty fees for a site that's complete and utter dross. Something that definitely doesn't do the business any good and probably actually does them harm.

*sigh*

Better stop before my blood pressure goes sky high.

Yeah, what is the address of that eircom site? Could do with a laugh tongue.gif

www.acid.ie

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by acidweb:
    Yeah, what is the address of that eircom site? Could do with a laugh tongue.gif

</font>

Here it is.....

http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/mouse/index.html

BE WARNED

Turn down your speakers to avoid any kind of coronary complications !!!!

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

BTW I Know this is the webmaster bd and the site will be looked @ in an analytical sense.

But the reason why this site is shite is because by €ircoms own admission this is there effort to sweep all non-web users of their feet and convince the internet is "good".

Personally this site wouldn't even prove competent to promote mouse traps, cuddly toys or in fact a long term business strategy.

Martin Harran (Ioffline Chairman) @ the seminar yesterday in his opening address had a brill comment for this campaign...
    "€ircom: Have you lost the plot??" tongue.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

• Advertisement

Before heading off to bed (note time, yawn) I thought I'd just check back to read new posts to the boards.ie . Yikes, says I! I thought the pun joke about using your "mouse" to surf the net went out with making useless personal homepages and thecounter.com!

I know the site's main purpose is to promote eircom's products and keep people online for longer by forcing them to download the chirpy voice over guy, but I thought it was lacking a bit in content? I mean, they dedicate a whole page to design your first web site. It seems to be a fancy looking links page.

www.acid.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

That racist site has a **** design and thats just the start of the problems only 10 more people from the guestbook left to spam.

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

www.heineken.ie

Not a bad look & feel but Jaysus whats with all the popups?

heinekin.ie

What a fookin disgrace?
    Infecting my browser like that!
    The cheek of them mad.gif

Control W gets rid of them nicely smile.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

GOOD GOD!! just took a look at the eircom mouse site......What a load of Sh1te

Advertisement