Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

proxy

Options
  • 23-03-2005 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

i was trying to share my dial-up connection from one machine to another.... i seem to have shared the connection on one, but on the other, when i'm trying to sort out the proxy settings, i need a port... i haven't set up a port... what do i do!?!?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

which OS
    which version

At a guess you are using ICS rather than having ticked the IP routing box.
    DCHP should be working so just reboot the client machines - there is no port. Check your local firewall settings (search forums - its done every two weeks)

If you want a proxy get SquidNT 3128 or AnalogX proxy 6588 or other proxies 8080

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

do it simpally....

set static ip addresses and use the dial up machine as your gateway...

the client machine will believe its connected directly to the internet...
    no proxy....

also uncheck the box in internet explorer connection settings(under lan) that says automatically detect settings

Advertisement