Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

watch out PSP owners/buyers, Sony will not replace dead pixels

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i think i may do a bit more sony and PSP bashing by going.... yeah, they suck, sony once again proves its inferiority (laser-disks ne1?).

although we are the sony fanboy nation(most successful western country for the PS brand) so hey, bash away....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Fanboys make baby jesus cry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

I just think it's funny that someone posted on boards about a news item about a boards post :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

that is kinda funny actually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

steviec wrote:
    Do Nintendo do this in Europe? All this talk of Nintendo being so great when it comes to dead pixels and Sony not certainly doesn't correlate with my personal experience.
    I think sony have been misunderstood, they were probably saying that they wouldn't replace psp's with a single dead pixel on the screen, and nintendo are being so generous because a single dead pixel on the ds screens is pretty noticable compared to the psp, where a few close together would barely count as distracting. I think that policy of nintendo's is in place in europe, but I can't say for definite, but it would look good for them if they did put europe in a favourable position over japan.

I got mine replaced in the local gamestop without quibbel, the guy in the shop said he heard of the dead pixels but none were returned before mine, and since the stores are replacing them i suppose nintendo have sent out word that it's covered by warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I love this quote:
    Dead Pixels are not considered a defect by Sony of America

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i wonder what they are then? A integral part of the gaming experience? Dead pixels are probably sony's answer to the DS's innovative touch screen. We should all feel hard done if we get a PSP without a dead pixel. In fact If I get a PSP without a dead pixel I'm sending it back to Sony since it is obviously defective.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

to be fair we wouldn't be able to afford these handhelds if the companies didn't think that the odd dead pixel was an acceptable thing.

it's important to remember that screens of a quality that guarantee no dead pixels are horrendously expensive to produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Syth wrote:
    I love this quote:

LMFAO !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Yes there is. Samsung have started making screens for the PSP. Whether these screens are the same as the Sharp one is yet to be confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

sony have said that they wiil replace or repair psps with dead pixels if they are noticable, according to gamespot. heres the article.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/25/news_6121092.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

with the fall in production costs and increase in production quality, it would be almost nothing for Sony to absorb the cost of replacing these panels, suppose they're looking after the pennies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i've a feeling that the statement that sony wouldn't replace them was a hoax. It would be really stupid of them to have made a statement like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Advertisement