Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anybody used this memory

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I was planning to get those but OCZ reps are saying they are releasing a new 2-2-2 2.8V Gold that will be a lot better than the the PC4000 VX. In general, the PC4000 VX will do about 250Mhz mininum with tight timings. Some may even hit 260Mhz to 265Mhz if you are lucky and after some burn it. But not many will go past 250Mhz. You'll need cooling for it if you want to run it at a high FSB as it does require a lot of juice and thus gets hot.

[Edit]Here's a way to mod cooling for your memory. Going to try it myself :)
    http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=350891 [/Edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Hmmm, I thought that would go really high. Is that unusual for memory of such quality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

It can go higher but not at 2-2-2 timings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

it did seem to get to 538mhz at 2-2-2 in one of the review's i seen ,but off the bat ,you have to increase the voltage .....which as you said will need very air-flow in your case or some watercooling for your ram "like this"as you said to me wizzard last week which would mean some tubing in the case if you where watercooling the ..CPU, 2X GPU,S ,NORTHBRIDGE ...and then THE TWO "at least " STICKS OF RAM....And in the case of the DFI SLI D or DR the SOUTHBRIDGE aswell and if your using half inch tubing you would need a full size case ,cos it will be getting cramped in there...

i was thinking of doing this.... ive got one of these zalman fans with the bracket ...so placing it over the ram would be better that and much quietier that the small fan in the link ...but its not to nice on the eye ...must find away around that??????
    P.S. this is the last time im going to be using my P4 rig im about to pull it apart ...i feel a tear welling in the corner of my eye :( go go free my little INTEL baby and fly fly away ..or another way to look at it is that this INTEL rig is a moth ready to turn into a Beautiful AMD butterfly :D sh1t ive gotta get out more
    2byxkn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

man id love to try out that ram, pity bought the voltage need, means youd need to buy theram booster aswell if you dont have a dfi mobo, good timings at that speed though

Well i just picked up my FX55 :D ...And im at home on my lunch with it sitting in my DFI SLI MOBO and at the moment ive got some twinx pc4000pt in the mobo with my X800XT looking very lonley on its own in those SLI slots ....ill have to get my my new twin babies into them SLI slots ...im getting two 6800gt's ....so if anyone out there has one PCI-E 6800GT AND WHATS A SWAP FOR A X8OOXT let me know ;) at least ill be half way there cos if i spend any more money ill be ring the guinness book of records for the fast marriage in history :rolleyes: ah well cant wait to get home tonight and run some benchmarks ....i should be able to beat my old 3dmark05 score with fx in .....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Make sure you let me know those scores!!! I wanna see what that thing does!! BTW, use slots 2+4 for the RAM, supposedly better ;)

Advertisement