Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

something I noticed on these forums

• 24-03-2005 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

is people are not to shy in giving their negative inputs and moaning big time online and heavily criticising companies and their employees in any kind of a transaction...there are a few that are willing to sing praises and as it seems rebel againts the norm.

I said in a previous thread, look at your own work ethics and performances before casting judgement and honestly ask yourself if you could do better. If not, don;t find the need to comment on others unless your willing to let them know of your job and let them criticise you back.

It's all about give and take as they say ;)

In real life its human nature to be polite as its much easier to smile than it is to frown. Its also easier to applaud rather than to Boo.

I guess I'm just sick to the back teeth reading negative reports all the time. One thing you have all to remember is that broadband is new to Ireland and the infrastructure to carry it is light years behind the rest. Until it is up to speed....remeber who it is that controls this and aim your bad feelign towards them as ireland offline has been doing for so long.

just to rub it in.......I'm loving my new 3mb ntl connection :D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

I assume that, since you are enjoying your 3 meg NTL connection, you don't live in Ireland. I think it's quite rich to suggest that people in Ireland should be happy with what they have when at the very same time, you are availing of a package that is currently 6 times faster than most residential packages, and from the 4th April, when we get our amazing Broadband upgrades, it will still be 150% the speed of the fastest residential package.

People complain in this forum for very good reasons. Take a look at how many threads there are about waiting months for their broadband modem to arrive or other threads where people are experiencing unacceptable packet loss / latency or throughput.

You may be sick to the back teeth reading negative reports, well, were sick to the back teeth of having sub par broadband services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Its true that its a bad service that we have. But we can do nothing about it.
    People merely waste their breath complaining here.... if ya wanna complain lodge a formal one with the company ffs..

Also all i see in relation to the speed increase is
    "WTF LOIKE??? NOW I CAN BREACH MY CAP 4x AS FAST? WTF???"

Idiotic answers and complaints like that riddle this forum.
    Its a free upgrade. Take it without question!

*finishes rant :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mancman

Serbian wrote:
    I assume that, since you are enjoying your 3 meg NTL connection, you don't live in Ireland. I think it's quite rich to suggest that people in Ireland should be happy with what they have when at the very same time, you are availing of a package that is currently 6 times faster than most residential packages, and from the 4th April, when we get our amazing Broadband upgrades, it will still be 150% the speed of the fastest residential package.

People complain in this forum for very good reasons. Take a look at how many threads there are about waiting months for their broadband modem to arrive or other threads where people are experiencing unacceptable packet loss / latency or throughput.

You may be sick to the back teeth reading negative reports, well, were sick to the back teeth of having sub par broadband services.

I do live in Ireland, north of the border though hence I have 3mb connection.

I never said be happy, I said to structure your criticism in a positive manner as ireland offline has been doing for years. At the end of the day its the pish poor network eircom has rolled out in your areas thats crippling the availibility of broadband in many regions.

Your packet losses etc are down to the infrastructure eircom have in place in the first place and their wholesale package being passed on to other providers.

Your last line is exactly what I refer to, yes your sick of a sub standard product but the only way to deal with that is to act in the way ireland offline has been for years.

Instead of criticising those trying to provide services over the crap system in place, direct it at those that hold the bulk of the power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

mancman wrote:
    I do live in Ireland, north of the border though hence I have 3mb connection.

I never said be happy, I said to structure your criticism in a positive manner as ireland offline has been doing for years. At the end of the day its the pish poor network eircom has rolled out in your areas thats crippling the availibility of broadband in many regions.

Your packet losses etc are down to the infrastructure eircom have in place in the first place and their wholesale package being passed on to other providers.

Your last line is exactly what I refer to, yes your sick of a sub standard product but the only way to deal with that is to act in the way ireland offline has been for years.

Instead of criticising those trying to provide services over the crap system in place, direct it at those that hold the bulk of the power.

First things first....
    You live in the UK and not Ireland.
    Secondly....
    I thought you had UTV broadband and not NTL???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

diarmo wrote:
    First things first....
    You live in the UK and not Ireland.
    Secondly....
    I thought you had UTV broadband and not NTL???

First things first....
    He lives in Nothern Ireland. A lot of Nothern Irish ppl can take offence to what you said. Which also proves his point that ppl aer so unpolite on the Internet because the human element has been removed form the communications channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

clearz wrote:
    First things first....
    He lives in Nothern Ireland. A lot of Nothern Irish ppl can take offence to what you said. Which also proves his point that ppl aer so unpolite on the Internet because the human element has been removed form the communications channel.

Firstly He lives in the UNITED KINGDOM or northern ireland, its one and the same but it is in fact part of the UK whether anyone likes it or not. when one says ireland one means the republic of. if one says ireland without the northern qualification then that is totally incorrect.

Secondly, what infrastructure is he referring to? all broadband is is a router at one end and a box in the exchange and a fiber connection to a main server. the costs for BT in the north to provide 2mb ADSL are the same in ireland or certainly dublin which is heavily populated. i think people take offence to paying 55euro a month to eircom when in any other city of 1million+population the same buys a decent upstream speed and is uncapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Diabolus wrote:
    Also all i see in relation to the speed increase is
    "WTF LOIKE??? NOW I CAN BREACH MY CAP 4x AS FAST? WTF???"

Idiotic answers and complaints like that riddle this forum.
    Its a free upgrade. Take it without question!

*finishes rant :P

Complaints and moaning are justified, we're paying enough for the service of broadband, i believe we should get what we pay for, it is a fantastic upgrade...but everything is not perfect and we can't be pretending that it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

clearz wrote:
    First things first....

We dont come to boards.ie to be polite we come to discuss issues and have open debate.............. niceness is for chat sites ;-) If people fell like getting stuff off the chest is a free place to do so and share thier woes with others.......... BTW your lucky to be in the UK and benifit with capital invrestment in a much larger market than Ireland with critical mass in one area as apposed spread out across the country...........

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Someone living outside of republic of Ireland and availing of a totally different service than we in republic avail of has no idea or business criticising us for complaining .
    We pay over the odds for a sub standard service and you want us to stop monaing.
    LOL get real man!!
    I say to you wake up and smell the roses mancman ,your living in a fantasy land.
    Unless your avaialing of the very services we complain about you have no idea what your rambling on about and your post is purely to poke fun and provoke flaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

We shouldn't be complaining because broadband is relatively new?

I wonder who's fault that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I agree with mancman and I do avail of the poor service we are given. It is bad and no one will deny that, but getting on here and whinging and moaning about how badly you are treated will get you no where.

Its been pointed out many times that there is a huge group of people without access to broadband. If anyone should complain its them, and not people who are giving out because their free upgrade isnt big enough.

Its already been said here but if you dont like the service complain to the company, not to everyone who is in the same boat as you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Personally, I blame society.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement