Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Okay....erm...PS3 IS HERE!

Options
  • 24-03-2005 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Now i dont know if these are real or not, but they look genuine and i nearly crapped my pants. But ill wait for E3 till i do that.

left.gif

middle.gif

ps3-pdf.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

they look nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Madness!

Is it a camera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

Playstation3fullsize2.jpg

This has to be a fake...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

as i said, i dunno if its real or not. If it is then cool, but if its not, someone has way to much time on their hands.

Droogie wrote:
    This has to be a fake...

That looks like crap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I that is real it is in a word sex!

ps333.jpg

This one looks good too!

nevernev wrote:
    That looks like crap!

True, true... but you do look at the screen when your playin right? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

quite nice, if that is fake, then yeah, someone has got too much time on their hands!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Droogie wrote:
    This one looks good too!
    True, true... but you do look at the screen when your playin right? :rolleyes:

PS - ha, you fanboys are great for a quick laugh :)

• Advertisement

I doubt that the PS3 would use freakin' UMDs. Besides, it's pretty much certain they're going to use Blu-Ray dics.
    look closer at the pictures....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

That's right. I heard the same thing, the capacity is only 1.8GB on a UMD but it's 50GB+ on Blu-ray. They're pretty sweet pics and they DO look real.

BTW they were planning on making the PS3 backwards compatable with PS2 games the last time I checked.

Just noticed what looks like a DVD drive in the first pics.

Infini wrote:
    That's right. I heard the same thing, the capacity is only 1.8GB on a UMD but it's 50GB+ on Blu-ray. They're pretty sweet pics and they DO look real but the fact that they're using a smaller capacity disk than the PS2 makes them fake.

BTW they were planning on making the PS3 backwards compatable with PS2 games the last time I checked.

The UMD port is for PSP connectivity or more realisticaly for UMD movies.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

looks pretty slick, but I won't be believing it until E3, I've seen plenty of convincing fakes over the last year or two!
    (saying that, this is probably one of the best and most detailed... no one has mentioned it officially but why wouldn't they have a UMD drive? They're trying to launch a new format and make it popular, why not do it on the back of a machine that is going to sell no matter what)

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Look at the picture it uses UMD and BluRay!

Look at the picture it uses UMD and BluRay!

So can someone explain to the uneducated what UMD and BluRay are.

No need ot thank me for asking?

nevernev wrote:
    So can someone explain to the uneducated what UMD and BluRay are.

No need ot thank me for asking?
    UMDs are the media format that is being used for the PSP.

BluRay is a very high memory capcity CD (i think, dont know much about it)

So are UMDs PSP specific then???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

BluRay uses very narrow wavelengths of light, so you end up fitting more tracks onto the disc.

nevernev wrote:
    So are UMDs PSP specific then???
    yes. two types of media are used in UMD. Games and Movies, my guess is that if this is the real PS3 that the UMD port is only for UMD Movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

hang on where the hell do you insert the controllers???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

danniemcq wrote:
    hang on where the hell do you insert the controllers???

Look at the middle, "Wireless". Where did you see this picture? It looks very convincing, very believeable, the others were all missing something, but this looks like the real deal - still though its very unlikely that something like this could happen. I dont remember it happening with the PS2, Xbox etc. before they came out. Might be wrong though.

Also theres something odd about those reflections, it looks like its in a Sony brochure kinda thing, but the acutal photo of it looks like it was taken while the PS3 was being displayed in a booth/public place. Cant understand it.

That is a great idea for wireless controllers!
    It will be cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

In all fairness the first mention of wireless controllers as standard came from Microsoft before anyone else. And there seems to be a power switch, you know like the one at the back of the PS2, on the top in the first picture, but its not there in the others. But its too stupid a mistake for someone making fake photos to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The first set of pictures are very convincing indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Kazaanova wrote:
    Also theres something odd about those reflections, it looks like its in a Sony brochure kinda thing, but the acutal photo of it looks like it was taken while the PS3 was being displayed in a booth/public place. Cant understand it.
    What photo? It's clearly a computer generated image.

NotMe wrote:
    What photo? It's clearly a computer generated image.

Gah, why are people still thinking this could be real?

How many glaring flaws can i spot:

1. Okay, first of all, the front is way too cluttered for a 21st century Sony product.

2. Sony didn't put a registered trademark sign on the playstation, PSone, PS2, PStwo or PSP. Why would they do it on the PS3?

3. Why would they put "MagicGate" below the memory card slot, and why isn't it centered under "MEMORY CARD"????

4. Either the memory stick slot is WAY too big or the UMD slot is WAY to small. UMDs are over three times wider than memory stick duos.

5. Terrible fake drop shadow to the left of the PSP-style silver ring in the front image. Does not correlate with the three-quarter image.

6. The Sony logo in the top left of image 3 is very poorly inserted. There is rectangle around it with a different shade of white to the rest of the page.

7. "5.1" sticks out beyond the end of the grey bar in the bottom right corner of the page. This brochure clearly is not up to the standard of Sony's marketing department.

8. Objects in the reflection on image 2 are very curved, so either the face of the unit is curved, which we can clearly see is not the case, or a panoramic lense was used in the camera, which would also severely distort the shape of the console as well as the reflection.

9. And finally, why on earth would eject be a light and not a button???

There, i've spent way too much time looking at an image that someone else has spent way too much creating :P

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

regarding bluray, is there really a need for media with cappacities when most games hit in between 1.5 and 2 gigs???

hairball wrote:
    regarding bluray, is there really a need for media with cappacities when most games hit in between 1.5 and 2 gigs???

Not necessarily, but high definition movies will come on blu-ray, and you'll be able to play them on your PS3. The fact that games will come on blu-ray is just a bonus. And with the amount of PS3s and PS3 games that are sold, production costs for blu-ray will plummet, and therefore overheads for Sony's movie publishers such as Columbia, Tristar and MGM will decrease, which will be much needed in physical media's efforts to make a strong comeback against high definition broadcast, which currently offers far greater quality than DVDs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

reminds me od the first shots of the psp.
    defeinitely an artists computer render but could easily be the final design if its being unveiled soon

Advertisement