Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Okay....erm...PS3 IS HERE!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Official Playstation 3 picture:

ps3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I see no picture there retro.

[edit] EuroGamer - Faked PlayStation 3 mock-up image causes a stir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

That is fugly, shiny plastic looks tacky and cheap.
    ...cant see Sony letting that one go PS3 will (probably) have them as well :)

I hope so, but in fairness Sony didn't put four controller ports on their last console like everyone else so that you'd have to buy a multitap, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same with wifi controllers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Sony spend a lot of money making sure that the world will only see the PS3 when Sony are ready. Its a clever fake but still a fake. I think UMD bay would be great, but I'd be pretty pissed off if I bought a PSP and a few months later the PS3 came out and could play UMD games.

I was looking for (fake) pics of the PS3, and if you think that was ugly, check out:

ps3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

^^that one is fugly

Having a UMD slot in the PS3 would be cool, u could play it at home and then pop it out into yur PSP and play it on the go.

Also ppl are saying that why would anyone bother buying UMD movies cause u might have already bought it in DVD, it would make perfect sense if yur PS3 could play your UMD movies at home AND in your PSP (so u would only have to buy one format) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

What an ugly piece of crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

UMD movies are lower quality than DVDs. They would not look well on a big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

That looks like a super famicom after a bit of photoshopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Tbh, they are the same quality as a DvD .. the only difference is they run at a smaller resolution then the DvD. About 1/3 smaller then the TV. Afaik aswell, the UMD movies run off MPEG4 compression isnted of the MPEG2 on DvD's.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And for anyone that is too stupid to know how to right click here is the real picture of the Playstation 3 the one thats 3 times more powerful than the PS1:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You're not very good at linking images.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Bingo/1415/photo/ps3.jpg

This is the image he's trying to post. You will prob have to copy and paste into address bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

yup, seems to be fake. oh well...not long before we get the first pictures anyway, May cant come soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Droogie wrote:
    ps333.jpg

This one looks good too!

it's the best looking, but it's only a concept photo (not used by sony).
    This image was done by a French, graphic artist called Julien Vanhoenacker.

The other ones are really poorly done... might as well put a ps3 logo on my sandwich maker and upload a photo of it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

that one looks like a laid down toaster whiskeyman! :p

Well i attached it. Really couldn't be cothered now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Well i attached it. Really couldn't be cothered now :rolleyes:
    A joke's not funny when you have to repeat yourself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Retr0gamer wrote:
    And for anyone that is too stupid to know how to right click here is the real picture of the Playstation 3 the one thats 3 times more powerful than the PS1:

There is no link.

I cant see any of the images Retr0gamer posted, its probably a major fault with my browser and/or PC.

• Advertisement

Nope, he's just not very good at posting images.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Official Playstation 3 picture:

ps3.jpg

Wow! Six controller ports!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

hairball wrote:
    regarding bluray, is there really a need for media with cappacities when most games hit in between 1.5 and 2 gigs???

AFAIK Gran Turismo shipped on a dual layer DVD, so this implies about 9 gigs of data.

As far as the pics go they are obviously fakes, although i do like that silver one.

Would be a good idea to have a umd drive tbh

Gran Turismo is not much bigger than a DVD-5 and its rare that a game is made with so much data.

I dont think they have dual layerd games do they? If that was the case they wouldnt have games coming on two discs, and compressing all the data for San Andreas so it was under like 5GB's wouldnt of been such a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

I don't care if it has UMD or 6 controller ports. As long as it does what I would've bought it for.....playing a great game with outstanding graphics.
    If it has all that other stuff BONUS!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

For some reason the pic takes a while to load, the six controller ports "console" is three PlayStations stacked on each other - ie it's a sad joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

ok, my original point was that no matter how big a storage capacity these discs have it does not necessarily mean that this will be reflected in game sizes...it won't....trust me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭[Core]

I would be surprised if any of those are the real thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i saw all those pics earlier this week. i seriously doubt that's real... the real thing'll probably be white/silver, to be post-modern and what not.

Advertisement