Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Okay....erm...PS3 IS HERE!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Yuri

If you type ps3 into google you'll see lots of ps3s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I think the next gen consoles should be the size of a fridge, with buttons everywhere, and the only output should be a roll of paper with nonsensical lines being printed on it, there's your space for innovative gameplay. On the matter of the ps3 fake, when i saw it I thought it looked like a projector. No doubt sony will release something shiny, probably black, but with a special edition white one to follow....then a silver one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I'd say it might start to be somewhat similar in design to that of the top-of-the-range sony products that are out or will be out on the market soon. Their plans for the PS3 will make it not just a games console but more of a entertainment hub for a house and also existing Sony products.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

have they announced backwards compatability with PS2??

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

of course, if it is blu ray..then probably not...*ahem*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Here's what PS3 will look like

ps3pspL.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

as i have said hairball of course it is backward compatible why wouldn't it be its a cd drive. Thats like saying how do dvd's drives read cd's simple there made to. Sont made blu-ray so they can get it to do anything they want. In the picture over this read the small bit of the article it says backward compatibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

The real PS3

Playstation%203%20beta%20preview.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

GAMESPOT RUMOUR CONTROL:

RUMOR #1: An image of the PlayStation 3 (pictured) has been accidentally made public.

Source: GameSpot's own Community Forums.

The official story: " We have not released any info regarding our next generation system, so any content or images floating around the web is surely speculation and unfounded."--Sony Computer Entertainment America spokesperson.

What we heard: By far, the biggest stir this week was caused by a (uses fingers) "leaked" mockup of the Playstation 3, which surfaced on GameSpot's own forums. While next-gen mockups are nothing new, this latest one's detail earned it more attention that previous would-be PS3s. Reportedly taken from an E3 pamphlet, the black matte and chrome console looked very slick indeed, sharing a similar design to the PSP. However, the product page sported a few features that had RC's spider sense tingling. Most damning was its mention of having "PS3 / PSP UMD MediaMove" functionality, meaning the device would have a built-in UMD burner. Besides adding to the hardware cost of the unit, a built-in UMD burner would go against Sony's push to make consumers use the Memory Stick Duo for writeable media. Also suspicious is its lack of wireless-controller-activity indicators and the fact the console looks a lot like a Photoshopped version of the video projector pictured directly underneath it. And won't Sony have some kind of snazzy new logo for the device?

Bogus or not bogus?: Bogus.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/25/news_6121112.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

its so bogus, i cant believe people are taking it seriously

• Advertisement

CyberGhost wrote:
    Here's what PS3 will look like

ps3pspL.jpg

for crying out loud people, here's what the real ps3 is going to look like, have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Just looks like a PS2 with a PSP logo. If that was what the PS3 looks like, everyone would know it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

CyberGhost wrote:
    for crying out loud people, here's what the real ps3 is going to look like, have a look

Why do you think thats real?

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Why do you think thats real?

because I posted it ;)

Advertisement