Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Salou - information please?

• 24-03-2005 10:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of going to Salou this June on a 2 week package holiday but would like to know if anyone has stayed in any really nice apartmnents or awful ones, like what ones should I avoid when booking.

Also, what were the best restaurants and pubs to go to...it is just handy to have good info before going out.

Thanks
    Robo ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Salou, Costa Dorada - near Barcelona?

Yup, I've been there. Twas cool, you should definitely go to Port Aventura (Mediterranean Universal Studios) - it kicked ass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Yeh that is the place. I want to go to that park alright and am hoping to stay a night or two in Barcelona - was there last year and want to go back again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Its bit of a quiet place, w3as there years back now the roller coasters were good, the dragon splash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

God almighty that Dragon rollercoaster was the first rollercoaster I was EVER on :eek:

What a way to start off eh! :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I lived there for 8 months in 2003 it really is the same as most other resorts except for two major things:

Porta Ventura which really is a must see, you need to go for a couple of days just to see everything. The Fireworks at the end of each night are breathtaking.

The proximity to Barcelona. There are some package day trips into Barcalona which are nice and all but the train into Barca is only 7.50 and you can look at everything at your own leisure. The best idea would be to go on the bus tour on your first week and go in yourself the following week. You'll get to see things like the nou camp and the olympic stadium as well as some other of the usual touristy places.

There are some nice bars of course plenty for the family and for yourselves...the night clubs are cack though, don't bother with them. The Irish bars include, Murphys which is small but the most Irish (if you really feel homesick), it's also an excellent sports bar covering racing soccer GAA and whatever else really. Raffertys is around the corner from that and is grand too but it's run by a mad spanish woman i believe..Irish staff though. Christy's was my favourite, run by a nice lad called Feargal they have music every night and then he pops on and gives away shots with a music quiz and plays soe cheesy music. The guinness tavern is more of a food place but the food is quality there.

The beach is lovely and the promenade is a picture at night. Jimmy Jimmy men are around like everywhere else but you'll learn to live with them, they're just trying to make a living and there are worse people out there.

Prices in the shops are really no different to back home and if you want cheap drink it's the local beer you have to drink and the local cocktails...it all does the same job really....Meau is the local beer (not spelt like that i think) but be sure to get yourself a bottle of Vol Damm....7% of pure bliss that stuff is.

Arcades and pool all over the shop for the kids and yourself.....All else is really the usual. I remember most of the hotels so if you have your eye on one let me know and i'll give you the verdict.

Oh and have a look at this too

www.salou.co.uk Have a look at the forum but be mindful of people just trying to plug their own place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Got a two week pass from travel agent in ireland which worked out at 220 for the four of us,worked out great and we got a free pass included as well for the water park right beside it.We stayed in Cambrils which was very nice.

Yup the fireworks at night is great,but go there early around 10:30pm to get a good spot or else.We brought a cooler bag with some bites and drinks the second time we went.

If your have small kids most of the rides are a no go as they will be checked and double checked before they get on anything.Their very strict on this.

Advertisement