Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deported student to return

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Due to all the trouble caused by immigrants from Nigeria(ie child abandoning etc) a total ban on immigration from that country should be introduced immediately.We may have responsabilities to eastern European countries due to being sold out by our political leaders, but we owe Nigeria nothing.
    You're confusing "asylum" with "immigration". We are obliged under the UN Refugee Convention to fairly assess asylum claims from all countries, including Nigeria. Sure, many of the asylum claims from Nigeria are false, but some of them aren't, and our refugee system is capable of telling the difference. As far as I know, there are almost no Nigerians coming to this country as "regular" (non-asylum seeker) immigrants.
    Wicknight wrote:
    What?, a country that was ruled by Britian until the 1960s, with English as the main language and with a large Christian population (40%) ...
    Maybe he's talking about Nigeria's problems with corruption and sectarian conflict, all of which of course are completely unknown in Ireland ;)
    kkposse wrote:
    a country with 60 million muslims 50 % of the population, we have seen the massive failure of multiculturalism in England, France, Holland, Its a proven failure, its about time we started learning from others mistakes.
    So Christian Nigerian immigrants are fine by you?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭kkposse

as u have shown, just one of the many incompatible differences between nigeria and our own, maybe some would have said religion not a major obstacle to integration with a society, but after the cartoon fiasco, i'm pretty sure a lot of people have changed their minds pretty quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

kkposse wrote:
    Its a proven failure, its about time we started learning from others mistakes.

I have a few English friends of Carribian decent who might disagree with that statement :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

It seems Kunle is going home (to Nigeria) within the next 2 weeks. The Department of Justice refused his appeal today and told him to get ready to leave with a forthnight. It looks like this matter is finally coming to a satisfactory conclusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Delboy05

another court case...more judges,court officials,solicitors and barristers times wasted....and all paid for by the good old Irish taxpayer !!!!!

but i bet it's not over....there'll be the injunction the day before the deportation takes place and a judicial review ordered - so get your wallets ready for that.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I doubt the Irirsh Refugee Concil will bother with their usual attempts to stop this deportation. He's no longer a poor, not-fully-educated child with a future, he's a young man with a criminal record and a good education.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

Anyone taking bets he'll do a runner?

"I'm never leaving again" - Kunle Elukanlo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

i couldnt believe the law was passed in the first place, have people forgotten what happened during the famine? hordes of irish people fleeing ireland and infecting the rest of the world, then you worry about a couple of thousand people coming in to the country.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

The government's first duty is to look after Irish people first, to make sure that Irish citizens are looked after properly. It's like guests visiting your house - you should have the right to decide who can and who can't visit. If there are people from other countries who have criminal records, who aren't prepared to pull their weight and are likely to cause trouble, why should we keep them here? We have enough of our own homegrown undesirables as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

This lad is a criminal, we have enough of the domestic variety and we shouldn't be encouraging bogus Nigerian Asylum seekers to swell their numbers. I have a feeling he will be deported well b4 his judicial review ever gets a hearing and Mc Dowell is well within his power to do this. Finally we will shortly say goodbye to this little chancer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭model

rkeane wrote:
    This lad is a criminal, we have enough of the domestic variety and we shouldn't be encouraging bogus Nigerian Asylum seekers to swell their numbers. I have a feeling he will be deported well b4 his judicial review ever gets a hearing and Mc Dowell is well within his power to do this. Finally we will shortly say goodbye to this little chancer.

Controversial, and somewhat ignorant, but Im going to agree. From what Ive heard he has had a few run-ins with the law, and seems like the kind of guy who doesnt have the respect he should have for a country which has taken him in. Its another popularised sob-story, its is only due to the fact that its been so sensationalised that people actually care. As a student myself, and I realise I am in someways talking about myself here, it is plain to see that, students, do tend to argue anti-government etc, and this is such a case.

Whats do different to him compared to all the other Africans etc getting deported weekly? Nothing, just that his story has been all over the paper. Im ready for the "racist scum" tags to be thrown at me, but Im scared of what this country will be like in 50 years time at this rate, and would prefer that more immigrants be deported from this country and less be allowed in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cyrus the virus

model wrote:
    Controversial, and somewhat ignorant, but Im going to agree. From what Ive heard he has had a few run-ins with the law, and seems like the kind of guy who doesnt have the respect he should have for a country which has taken him in. Its another popularised sob-story, its is only due to the fact that its been so sensationalised that people actually care. As a student myself, and I realise I am in someways talking about myself here, it is plain to see that, students, do tend to argue anti-government etc, and this is such a case.

Whats do different to him compared to all the other Africans etc getting deported weekly? Nothing, just that his story has been all over the paper. Im ready for the "racist scum" tags to be thrown at me, but Im scared of what this country will be like in 50 years time at this rate, and would prefer that more immigrants be deported from this country and less be allowed in.

I agree with you. I could not have put it better myself. Anyway your not a racist, you haven't said anything offence of any particle group.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

i couldnt believe the law was passed in the first place, have people forgotten what happened during the famine? hordes of irish people fleeing ireland and infecting the rest of the world, then you worry about a couple of thousand people coming in to the country.....
    Ah. The famine thing. Well, lets see how well they do, if we give them nothing, and treat them harsh. They'll find out how well the Irish got on when they went over in the coffin ships to the States.

IMO, lets do a France job. Actually, there's riots there now, isn't there? By the 2nd generation of the cheap labour they brought in... Maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

I have a few English friends of Carribian decent who might disagree with that statement
    Are you saying that west indians are now fully integrated into British society? Read the UK's race relations chief Trevor Philips himself a west Indian on the Multicultural fiasco championed by neoliberals here http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1061114_1,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cyrus the virus

dathi1 wrote:
    Are you saying that west Indians are now fully integrated into British society? Read the UK's race relations chief Trevor Philips himself a west Indian on the Multicultural fiasco championed by neoliberals here http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1061114_1,00.html
    Trevor Phillips, is right. If I went to a muslim country I would be expected to respect and follow there culture and ways. Why can't they do the same?

Advertisement