Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timesplitters 3

Options
  • 24-03-2005 1:22pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone bought this xbox game today yet? Is it as good as the second game and what is the online mode like on xbox live? is it laggy etc like most other xbox live games? Hoping to pick this game up over the next week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I should be getting this on the Gamecube seeing as Timesplitters 2 rocked my world. It looks pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

So tempted to get this for GC, but I bought RE4 last week and I want to finish that before I buy any more games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Yeah ive several games to play, then (hopefully) the price of Timesplitters will have gone down somewhat.

Its such a great series, cant wait to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I had my heart set on getting it tomorrow (its GC Irish release according to GAME) but now i cant go spending my money all willy nilly for another week or two... might try to swing it though as TS2 was and still is one of my favourite games atm... so much fun

So I picked this up today. It's got all the elemants that made the others great and more. I wasn't aware that EA had their hand in this one so when I saw their logo on the box I was like, "Why God?! Not Timesplitters! Nintendo already lost Perfect Dark, don't now make Timesplitters an EA game!" Gladly Free Radical didn't mess it up although you can see the EA sport game elements such as an obnoxious voice shouting "OPEN HEAD SURGERY!" when you get a head shot.

The best improvment is definately the story mode which is bigger and the different episodes are more intertwined but more importantly the charachters now play a bigger role. There's more cut scenes and some of the lines are hilarious.

e.g.
    <You hear 2 soviet guards somewhere around you>
    Guard 1: Do you know what is best way to stay warm?
    Guard 2: No, and I don't want you to show me.

The Arcade and Challenge modes are as testing as ever so no problems there. The Monkeys are back too.

So I'm really looking forward to playing this some more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

So I picked this up today. It's got all the elemants that made the others great and more. I wasn't aware that EA had their hand in this one so when I saw their logo on the box I was like, "Why God?! Not Timesplitters! Nintendo already lost Perfect Dark, don't now make Timesplitters an EA game!" Gladly Free Radical didn't mess it up although you can see the EA sport game elements such as an obnoxious voice shouting "OPEN HEAD SURGERY!" when you get a head shot.

The best improvment is definately the story mode which is bigger and the different episodes are more intertwined but more importantly the charachters now play a bigger role. There's more cut scenes and some of the lines are hilarious.

e.g.
    <You hear 2 soviet guards somewhere around you>
    Guard 1: Do you know what is best way to stay warm?
    Guard 2: No, and I don't want you to show me.

The Arcade and Challenge modes are as testing as ever so no problems there. The Monkeys are back too.

So I'm really looking forward to playing this some more.

Damn you...

must get my fix of Jimmy Needles before too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Did they fix the bug in timesplitters 2 where your gun went all over the screen when you were trying to aim it? The crosshair kept moving about all over the place, broke the first rule of FPS.

I never had that problem with my GC Timesplitters 2 and I certainly hope I don't have it with this one.

Advertisement