Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why does cat food have veg in it????

• 24-03-2005 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

:confused:

I can see why they put meat and fish in it, but veg?

When is a cat ever going to eat carrots in the wild? or peas? or green beans?

And don't even get me started on the gravy!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

afaik, cats in the wild eat greens to clear their stomach from hairballs and stuff,
    could even be that through the processing of meats, the meat might lose out on voitamins the animals need, hence they ad weg for the extra vits,
    don't really know but it sounded quite good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Our two will either not eat that stuff at all, or they'll eat all the meat and carefully leave all the peas and tiny pieces of carrot in the bottom of their bowls. I mean, some of this Whiskas stuff now even has herbs in it for christs sake!!

As for the gravy, they love it! In fact, if they ever have any food that they don't like, usually turkey for some reason, they'll lick all the gravy off it and leave the meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

haha,

yeah I know my cat eats grass, and it's normal for them to do that for haiballs, but the cat eats posher sounding meals than I do FFS!!

You have to wonder what they make of the veg!

Advertisement