Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nsr 125

Options
  • 24-03-2005 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

hey,

have an nsr125 which is obviously a 2 stroke. anyway, friend had it while i was in holland and let the oil run low. engine not running now. he said the oil indicating light came on bout 2 weeks before.

this mean the engine has seized??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Well if the engine has seized the thing wont move at all.
    More than likely the pistons rings are knackered , they dont cost too much to replace but its the labour thats gonna be a pain in the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭padraigcarroll

low on two stroke oil and still driving it? tut tut tut

if the bike turns over it isnt seized.
    to test the rings? put say 4 or 5 squirts of oil from an oil can (not a **** load in otherwords) down into the cylinder through the spark plug hole, then refit the plug and lead and try to start.

it could be anything, but as these bikes are single cylinders Id put my money on a faulty spark plug.
    check if its sparking
    actually, its usually the easiest thing......
    just make sure u havent run out of juice, turn it on reserve if theres anything in the tank mate!!!
    :)

but for jesus sakes keep the fecker topped up with 2 stroke oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

thanks guys,

what happened exactly is that he was driving along and the engine started making a grinding sound. then it stopped. engine started again a few mins later, went a bit and stopped again.

sound was really harsh supposedly.

what ye think?

thanks again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

kraggy wrote:
    thanks guys,

what happened exactly is that he was driving along and the engine started making a grinding sound. then it stopped. engine started again a few mins later, went a bit and stopped again.

sound was really harsh supposedly.

what ye think?

thanks again...

i say rings are baked into the piston by now. Montjoy Motorcycles should have piston and rings. It could be fixed very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭padraigcarroll

I say you shouldnt have let your mate on the bike in the first place!

• Advertisement
Advertisement