Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

call of duty problem

Options
  • 24-03-2005 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Hi, Ive got a tiny problem, Ive had CoD (game of the year edition) since it came out and over time Ive somehow managed to loose my box manual and hence CD key. This doesnt pose an immediate problem as Ive got the game installed and working fine but Id rather be safe than sorry: Is there a way to check what my CD key is? If I ever had to reinstall the game (new computer or worse if Id to format this one) Id be rightly screwed.

I went into multiplayer options and there was a tool for changing ones CD key but thats not much use.
    Anybody know what to do?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Maybe browse the registry!! I done the same with BFV and had to buy a new copy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Activision

Check in there go to RUN type "regedit" browse to there and it be under one of Call of Duty entries.

Dont use anything you infd on the net more than likley send your key off somewhere. Oh and when you get it write it down or email it to yourself.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

thanks I found it, it was...:)

Advertisement