Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official PSP Firmware Update

Options
  • 24-03-2005 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Released this morning, looks worth the download for all of ye with a PSP

Adds loads of Euro languages, and adds sleep mode for music/video.

go here, guy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,342 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

do you need a usb cable for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Dunno, follow the link and RTFM;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

It tells you exactly how to do it on Lik Sang.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,342 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ciaran500 wrote:
    It tells you exactly how to do it on Lik Sang.
    sorry my mistake im blind without my glasses sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Argh! The screenshots say X is cancel and O is enter. so... headwreckingly... backwards...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Balfa wrote:
    Argh! The screenshots say X is cancel and O is enter. so... headwreckingly... backwards...
    Aye, the PSP has always been like that.

I was hoping for net capabilities with the upgrade. Maybe we shall see another one soon.

I'm just after updating my PSP to v1.50 and ive spotted the extra languages and stuff. Besides that I havn't tried any of the other changes yet. I had the download cut out a bout 30% through the first time but I jsut started it again and it was OK. I got it through the wifi connection [wifi network here] and it downloads it onto the memory stick then runs it.

Dont take the memory stick out or turn it off while its doing the update or else you will feck your PSP up btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The main difference seems to be playback from the point you left at, I was watching an episode of Family guy, I got halfway through it and I just flicked it off and put it down for a while (had to cook dinner!), I then played a game 2 hours later and after that i went back to the family guy episode and it was at the same place. I love the idea of updates, im sure they are getting feedback on the little things that people find annoying. also did it over WiFi at home, 14mb onto the Pro Duo. It also worth noting that it wont let you do an update without having the power supply plugged in.

Sean.

You need to have over 50% battery or the power supply plugged in when doing an update iirc. This is probably because if your psp is turned off in the middle of an update you loose everything. And i mean everything [according to sony].

Do I need to keep the memory stick in now or .. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Winters wrote:
    You need to have over 50% battery or the power supply plugged in when doing an update iirc. This is probably because if your psp is turned off in the middle of an update you loose everything. And i mean everything [according to sony].

Do I need to keep the memory stick in now or .. ?

no i dont think so. I downloaded the update and then installed it, then deleted it from PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder , still works.

• Advertisement

I've removed the update file from my Memory Stick Duo and mine still runs normally. Good to know we wont have to waste space keeping updates on the Stick's.

Advertisement