Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do IOL ADSL modems work with UTV ?

• 24-03-2005 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

Just asking because I signed up for UTV and my line is activated, got me username and password but they said the modem wont be delivered until tuesday because I missed it today.
    Anyone know?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Repli wrote:
    Just asking because I signed up for UTV and my line is activated, got me username and password but they said the modem wont be delivered until tuesday because I missed it today.
    Anyone know?
    Cheers

Sorry forgot to mention, I still have 2 of the old IOL Zyxel modems 630, with drivers etc, also I heard you just put 0 in for the phone number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Should work fine with the right username, pass and VPI/VCI #

That said there are compatibility problems between some equipment and some ISP's (try some USRobotics DSL routers with Netsource to see what I mean).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Repli wrote:
    Sorry forgot to mention, I still have 2 of the old IOL Zyxel modems 630, with drivers etc, also I heard you just put 0 in for the phone number?

It's DSL, there is no "phone number".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

kasintahan wrote:
    It's DSL, there is no "phone number".
    The zyxel 630 modems need to connect via a dialup connection on the pc. The number can be anything afaik, I've been using *

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, those ****-heaps (I have one gathering dust in a drawer here) are designed to replicate the "traditional" analogue dial-up "experience", as some home-type users don't seem to be able to grasp the whole always-on thing.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies, Im gonna give it a try now and I will let you guys know how it goes..

Working fine! Cheers

Advertisement