Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

paying car tax online

Options
  • 24-03-2005 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

anyone ever do it online?
    is it straight forward enough?
    my mates not got a pc and asked me to pay his online he cant get out to the tax office.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

http://www.motortax.ie

Tried to do it last night but it couldn't find the car I just bought?!
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Tried to do it before, I think you need some ID or Pin number to do it, which I think you need to send off for or something. Could be wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Yep it' s very handy but you can't do a first time tax online only renewals AFAIK.
    You have to enter a pin number that comes with your renewal notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

yep, enter the reg and the pin on the renewal form, there are five stages you confirm the name, address, car details, insurance and nct details, and decide how much you want to pay and then enter your card details, so simple even a civil servent could do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

You might want to try the motors forum, but I have heard it is a very good process. As has been said already, it only works when you are sent the renewal notice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Yeah, I've done it. It's very simple to do, takes about 5 minutes. They send you out your number with your renewal notice, you fill in how long you're renewing for, your CC details etc. and then about 3-4 days later you get your disc in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It's really handy, no more pain in the ass of having to go into town to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

yeah, it's great. Did it last year and again this year. The disk arrives within 2-3 days. Better than queing for 30-60 minutes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Did mine on Monday got disc today,do they verify the insurance with the companies I wonder ? Before you had to bring/send original policy doc with application.Although any time I paid at the tax office the insurance only seemed to get a cursory glance.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Did it last year and doin it as soon as i get the pin. fast and easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

As posted above: key in your pin and reveal your credit card and you'll get the disc in the post within a week or two

Beats fookin' driving into town and pulling a number and awaiting your turn :)

It hurts me though, knowing that we pay way more than our share because of Irish residents illegally driving foreign registered cars - be it NI or LT/LV all the same tax-dodgers, screwing us over :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Adopts Stephen Fry tone of voice

"Steadyyyyy unkel" :)

Mike.

Advertisement