Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Htpc

• 24-03-2005 6:15pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,

I am in the middle of building one of these at the moment does anybody else have one on the go and what are the results for DVD/TV/DIVX playback and also what software do you currently use.

Happy Easter
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm using GV-PVR with my projector - quite impressive, though the TV display is a little flaky (sometimes can be top quality, sometimes crap - I'm using a Hauppauge 250 USB PVR2). If I use Hauppauge's own TV software, the quality is perfect.

DVD is the business, top quality and works with the Hauppauge remote. Don't think it supports DIVX. GB-PVR has loads of plug-ins, personal favourite being the weather.

Can't wait to get my 5.1 soundcard.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Have you tried a programe called Meedio

No, but I am downloading it now...

TCP/IP wrote:
    Have you tried a programe called Meedio

Nah, didn't like it.

But I LURVE Media Portal. I downloaded it last night. It's is exactly what I am looking for. All I have left to do is get it working with my Hauppauge remote and I am sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

showshifter if windows
    mythtv if linux
    myhtpc is another good one
    avsforum.com has best information

• Advertisement
Advertisement