Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phones with Autoanswer - Help

Options
  • 24-03-2005 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

I am looking for a couple of mobile phones for a remote control project. I need the phone to autoanswer with the headset connected. Was in Vodafone store today and they told me none of the new phones do this all must press on the headset button to answer. Surely this cant be the case I know the old 5110, 6110 and 6310i all support autoanswer. Can someone tell me what new phones support this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Yes the 5110 was a fine phone.

I have a 5110 (it was a digifone contract so it is unlocked)
    and I have the headset to go with it. It is in fine condition, but of course because its from 2000 the battery is bad, but forget me, pick up one on ebay with a good battery it will last in standby permantly on for 7 days.

To auto answer you must have the ring tone on. Otherwise it won't autoanswer, even if you set the option to "on". The solution is to use "ring once" "level 1" and a quiet tone like "knock knock", but if you were doing it properly you would just desolder the ring speaker, or better still you can melt destruct the speaker with a soldering iron (you can get at the ring speaker if you take the from facia off, so no need for a special screw driver.

The Motorola V525 and V550 can autoanswer after two or five seconds. Go to Settings > Headset and choose it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Vector, yes found that alright with the 5110. I'd be interested in that phone - I must put a note up on the mobile section. I'll pay €10 without charger or €15 with as I can leave it plugged in all the time. Need the earpiece cable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Thanks for that but I should have said what *cheap* new phones support autoanswer as hoping to buy around the €70-80 for new ones. Particularly does anybody know if the Sagem MY55 and nokia 3100 autoanswers?

Advertisement