Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping near Dublin

Options
  • 24-03-2005 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello, I live in England. My friend & I are coming over to Ireland at the end of July in our motorhomes. We will be arriving at Dublin at 6 pm on a Monday evening. We have a site booked from the Tuesday night but need somewhere to stop on the Monday night, preferably not too far from Dublin. We don't want an expensive holday type site with club & everything, just somewhere quiet where we can park up & sleep till we're ready to set off on our Irish travels the next morning.

Over here we have a lot of little camping sites with few facilities which are behind Pubs - do you have anything like that in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What port are you arriving through?

• Site Banned Posts: 159 ✭✭Drummer

Well, you could generally park up in any car park that isn't being used. There are plenty of Supermarkets and Pubs that would have somewhere quiet to park up. Some would be empty even. I assume u r going to Corkagh campsite - if so - i know an ideal spot if u wanna contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

theres a camp site with good pitches about 2-3 miles outside dublin city its called camac valley

• Site Banned Posts: 159 ✭✭Drummer

Camac Valley - thats the Corkagh one i was talkin about. More like 8miles outside Dublin.

Advertisement