Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Good Friday being tonight at 12?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

rubadub wrote:
    Do you like having 2 days quaranteed off?, would you like more? What about 20? I don't like any holidays being forced upon me, most companies do it at christmas, religion again. Would you not rather have the choice to take off the days YOU want and not what suit your employer? Do they refuse you holidays if you ask 6 months in advance?

No. What kind of employer would do that?

Yes, I do like my 2 guarenteed days off, and I still get my 4 weeks holidays im entitled to. At my lesiure of course, with appropriate notice to my employer.

Now tonight me and all my co-workers are having a few drinks in because, fact is, its the only night we will get in the year to drink together. Personnally, considering all the Sh1t we put up with from drunken eejits etc, I think we deserve it. But it doesn't bother me that its forced on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No. What kind of employer would do that?
    Nursing, doctors, firemen and I would have thought many in the service industry like yourself would be refused certain days off, like christmas eve, new years eve etc, even if you asked 2 years in advance.

Yes, I do like my 2 guarenteed days off, and I still get my 4 weeks holidays im entitled to.
    But it doesn't bother me that its forced on us.

So is a completely free holiday in your pub? does that go for all pubs? as then you say
    But it doesn't bother me that its forced on us
    as though it is taken from your annual leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

rubadub wrote:
    Nursing, doctors, firemen and I would have thought many in the service industry like yourself would be refused certain days off, like christmas eve, new years eve etc, even if you asked 2 years in advance.

Of course a request for new years, christmas eve, etc off work would be denied. Thats just common sense. (unless it was an emergancy). I would be putting my co-workers in a stressful position.

rubadub wrote:
    So is a completely free holiday in your pub? does that go for all pubs?

Cant speak for other pubs, but Christmas Day and Good Friday do not cout towards my annual leave. I dont get paid for them, but I'm not one to argue over two days pay, especially when I'm not working on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I think Paddys Day should be cancelled too. It's another Catholic holiday, except the non-Catholic alcoholics don't seem to complain about it as much :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Good Friday is the only bank holiday of the year, we have about 7 other public holidays.
    Kind of stupid I can't go into a shop and buy some booze, screw you church, i hope you die.

• Advertisement
Advertisement