Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soul Caliber 3 PS2 Exclusive :( oh wait....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's a bit daft, especially and the Gamecube version of SCII outsold the Xbox and PS2 versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

probably why its now exclusive to PS2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

If you could've been Link I would have bought it. I'm not stupid enough to buy a console just for 1 game or to be a certian character.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

DAMMIT! i ownz at that game on xbox
    fat xbox control pad was cool for it... and spawn could be pretty unfair.
    ne1 here going to gamecon on the weekend will see im not talkin out me a*se :D come and get owned, but seriously why not make it for all 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Jazzy wrote:
    but seriously why not make it for all 3?

I can't think of a $ingle rea$on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Well put Goodshape.

They might be trying to do something different. Because they made plenty of money selling it for all 3. I can't think of why they would cut the other consoles out. But seeing as how I own a PS2 I don't have to worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Seriously this is a load of crap, the GC version was an absolutely beautiful game and ive enjoyed many an hour mastering characters on a hard difficulty (Xianghoua is my favourite) and now they just decide to cut us loose because Sony can pay them more money. Disgraceful if you ask me, f**king politics.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i have a playstation 2 as well as an xbox but im really annoyed that this is gonna be a ps2 exclusive, the soul calibur series has always had cutting edge graphics/technology and limiting it to the vastly inferior playstation 2 system is a big mistake imo, were gonna get Soul Calibur 3 with dumped down graphics:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Rhyme wrote:
    (Xianghoua is my favourite)QUOTE]

yup, she rocks, her and cerventes are the 2 top tier characters. kilik and yoshimitsu just below. all the big competitions in the U.S. & A just use these characters, (even though the current champ uses nightmare!).

its really bugging me that its gonna be a PS2 exclusive as i dont have one & prob wont get one.... ive collected the games since soul blade ffs!! so now im goin to miss out on the new one. it makes me angrier then steam does!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Seeing as I have a PS2 and a GC I'm not too bothered. Although I would prefer to see it on the GC as I'd rather use the GC pad. But hell so long as Cervantes is in it I don't really care about anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

According to the teletext game pages on C4 capcom have copywrited the names X caliber and Excaliber, possible titles for the next SC game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

jonnybadd wrote:
    According to the teletext game pages on C4 capcom have copywrited the names X caliber and Excaliber, possible titles for the next SC game?
    eh... namco make the soul calibur games...
    its prolly to do with the maximo series of games

Eh whoops sorry ment namco and sorry again about the typo. Forgot to take my sense making pills today.

i'm sorry for being so anal :D

No no entirely my mistake, I cant wait for the new one. If Soul Calibur 2 was anything to go by the new one should be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

There is a petition to bring it to the GameCube.

http://www.petitiononline.com/sc3gcn/petition.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Just signed the petition. Damn Sony!!! First they steal Mortal Kombat and now this. What next? SSBM!?

Sony have exclusivity with MK now???

(not that i give a crap tbh... deadly alliance is the worst game in my otherwise pretty damn sweet cube collection)

No but GC just dont have the MK releases, Xbox and PS2 do, kinda like a deexclusivity or something

erm. that was just a case of midway not bothering to make a gc version of deception.
    its prolly still "coming soon"... if anybody cares.

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56413

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Bastards, Soul Calibur is by far my favourite console game. This is a sad day for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Advertisement