Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom cap

• 24-03-2005 8:15pm

I'm sure this has been dealt with before, but does Eircom charge for going over the cap in the first 2 free months?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

Kenny007 wrote:
    I'm sure this has been dealt with before, but does Eircom charge for going over the cap in the first 2 free months?

Nope, i wasnt charged anyway, and from previous post on this topic no one from eircom has been charged for going over there cap. But if u ever do dont blame me........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,961 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I think i heard someone mention they're starting to charge from this month though.

I could be wrong!

basquille wrote:
    I think i heard someone mention they're starting to charge from this month though.

I could be wrong!

Dont be scaring me, i've gone over by about 5G's this month

:eek: :eek:

Well, I'm on 37GB!!!! :(

Thats good going!! My record is 31G for one month.....oh i hope they dont back date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Kenny007 wrote:
    Well, I'm on 37GB!!!! :(

u do know they can get u for 900 euro dont u?

And i can be back dated 15 months of going over my cap, its not going to happen, dont worry bout it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,961 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I can't see them backdating!!

Have been pretty good regarding the cap... went over a couple of times! But only by 20% or so.

apeking wrote:
    And i can be back dated 15 months of going over my cap, its not going to happen, dont worry bout it

there is no way u can assure urself of that and if u do u are a fool. there is a 15-20% chance of being charged and if u have done that continuously for 15 months u could owe them 15 grand. and u would have to pay.

lomb wrote:
    s u could owe them 15 grand. and u would have to pay.

oh f*@k, atleast its in my mothers name

• Advertisement

apeking wrote:
    oh f*@k, atleast its in my mothers name

eircom are just the pits, they are a poor excuse for a telecom company. every other civilised country has uncapped services for the same money or less. u cant trust what they are going to do in the future u really cant. they are the great unknown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 1 User Name

It says on the eircom website:

"eircom reserves the right to apply a charge of 3.6 cent (inc. VAT) per Megabyte for downloads in excess of specified limits"

does not mean that will necessarily be charging though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

OMG this topic has been done to DEATH!

Moriarty do what you do best.

I'm aware that they only charge SOME people. But do they DEFINITELY not charge in the first free 2 months? Coz you're not under contract with them, so do they have a right to?

does not mean that will necessarily be charging though.

who knows though, with eircom u never really know who u are dealing with its passed thru more owners than a ford capri. its basically a cowboy operation, always was so nothings changed there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

Could someone here who has been charged by Eircom/EsatBT for going over the cap please speakup as these type of threads are only giving people potentially wallet busting ideas!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

CyberGhost wrote:

Ha! was thinking the same thing just as I read your post!

Go Moriarty go, do your thing!

CyberGhost wrote:

Can anybody give me the URL for the thread where they talked about the first free 2 months, coz I can't find it?

Kenny007 wrote:
    Can anybody give me the URL for the thread where they talked about the first free 2 months, coz I can't find it?

sure, have a look here, click

CyberGhost wrote:
    sure, have a look here, click

Thanks

• Advertisement

Kenny007 wrote:
    Thanks

You are most Welcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

No they don't charge, Kenny. From what we can gather eircom have charged a handful of people who were "overusing" the connection to a massive extent. If you roughly stick to the cap they seemingly won't charge.

Saying all that though, if they do, don't come moaning to me later :) They still reserve the right to charge you, so you're taking a calculated risk if you decide to go over it.

Now then. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement