Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can anybody reccomend a European city break desitination?

• 24-03-2005 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

What city in Europe would you reccomend for a 5 day city break?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

What city in Europe would you reccomend for a 5 day city break?

Madrids a great spot plenty to do, easy to get around, Aer lingus fly direct, and reasonable enough priced for a capital city. Good transport system, well worth considering and its got plenty of bars( and Irish bars) and some great buildings.

Weather should be lovely there this time of year.

If you're willing to spend the money, then Prague would be ideal. Its so beautiful and there's so much to do. Other nice places are:
    1.Barcelona
    2.Paris
    3.Rome
    4.Berlin
    5.Venice
    6.Berne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tnt1

kenny,i thought prague was meant to be dirt cheap,how do u mean spend the money ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭humbleCounty

im guessing he means flights, Ryanair fly to most of the other European cities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Vienna is supposed to be nice - heading there myself in a few weeks for a long weekend.

Aer Lingus fly direct too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭cyberbob

just got back from glasgow , liked it alot . warmed to the place pretty quick .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Vienna, Budapest and Prague are all pretty similar in terms of things to see. Budapest would probably be less overrun with tourists and a little cheaper though.

Salzburg is also a lovely city for a weekend break but it is completely overrun with tourists. If you hire a car too there are some lovely places within a shortish drive away.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Barcelona is the best city I've ever been to for a short break. Prices are reasonable, there's loads to see and do there and it's easy to get around. Haven't been there for a long time but am going back next month. Even better is that this time I'm going to see Barcelona play :D

Budapest is another great place, although when I was there it was on a pretty limited budget and didn't get to fully appreciate the place. It's definitely overdue a return visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Yeah Barcelona is pretty cool, i went there for 16 days two years ago. We went on one of the tourist bus tours which was pretty good and killed a few hours. There's two routes you can take. You can get them at Playa de Catalunya, you take one bus route which takes over 2 hours then you can take the other route for another 2 hours all inclusive.

A trip down to The Universal Theme Park -PortAventura is cool,
    That'll take an entire day and its only a 90 minute train journey from Sants Station. You can buy you're pass with your train ticket.

Parc Olimpic in Barcelona is brilliant, its got the beaches and loads of restaurants where you can get really cheap food. There's also a cinema which shows english speaking films.

Advertisement