Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrow

Options
  • 24-03-2005 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

I've seen quiet a few people with eyebrow piercings and they all seemed to get infected. I was considering getting it done but I don't want to take it out 3 weeks later because it's gotten infected. It just seems to be a common occurrence with the eyebrow in particular. Has anybody any advice on this, maybe you had it done and never had any problems because you just took care of it and prevented it from getting infected.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

This common misconception with popular piercings and infection bewilders me
    Common piercings get infected because idiots who want to fit in get them done and then dont take proper care after getting it pierced. If you get a piercing,clean it every day and make sure you dont aggravate it too much and it wont get affected.
    Other than that get it done!Im going in to get a horizontal eyebrow done later today and I'll let you know if it gets infected ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Kalenn

i used to have mine pierced, if you look after it you wont have a problem. mine grew out the first time though and i had to get it done again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ivylooloo

Never had a problem with mine. I just made sure to clean it and do saltwater soaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

had mine done about 6 times total (both eyebrows) and never had an infection,most of them just grew out or got pulled out and left quite nasty scars so do beware of that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

mine was grand too, just cleaned it everyday with salt water and TCP..

although i eventually had to take it out after getting smacked sqaure on the piercing by a low flying football hoofed by a dodgy centre half.. it swelled up pretty bad around the piercing and forced my eye shut for a day or so.. so the moral of the story is...

avoid charging in on dodgy centre halves who only know how to hoof a football..

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I've had 6 vertical eyebrow piercings and 1 horizontal. The only irritation I remember having in any of them was when it got tugged or hit.

Pay attention to the after care sheet, dont touch when healing and take extra care if you play sports so that it doesnt get hit, also make sure to clean it if you sweat all over it during a game.

Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bazz

Thanks for all the replies.

Funny how all of you NEVER had any problems with the piercing. It's reassuring as I've seen quite a few infected eyebrows.

*Slams door. Tyres screech. Needle penetrates flesh.*

Snakebite or Celestial Ring. Which is cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I had mine pierced about a year or 2 ago. Was kinda cool, never got infected ot nothing, but I did catch it inmy jumper when I was undressin one night, I had to take it out after that, cos it was just hanging on with a small thread of skin.

Might get it done again, will see.

Memphis

Bazz wrote:
    Snakebite or Celestial Ring. Which is cheaper?

If you are looking for a "bargain" go to Georges street arcade.
    You will find the best quality in Snakebite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

price should not be the deciding on any studio. i've only been done by people i trust(ahem snake bite ahem)
    price range is on their web site

www.snakebite.ie

Go to GSA if you want your eyebrow removed, not have it pierced.

Cheers for the PM though, appreciated. As are the other replies.

Where is Snakebite again?

Bazz wrote:
    Go to GSA if you want your eyebrow removed, not have it pierced.

Cheers for the PM though, appreciated. As are the other replies.

Where is Snakebite again?

Snakebite is located on Middle abbey street not far from Spirit nightclub if you are familiar with that.

Cheers. What about that place in temple bar. Has anybody had anything done in there?

Bazz wrote:
    Cheers. What about that place in temple bar. Has anybody had anything done in there?

Do you mean Metal Morphosis or body shock?

If you mean Metal Morphosis then i'd have to say stay away from them. They are cowboys.
    Personally I've never had anything done in bodyshock but it's quite a reputable place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I got by eyebrow done there last week. It's directly opposite Eamon Doran's (and next to the bad ass café)

€45 for a bar, sorted in 5 mins. Very pleased.
    Make sure you've eaten something decent first (they wont do it otherwise)

I got by eyebrow done there last week. It's directly opposite Eamon Doran's (and next to the bad ass café)

€45 for a bar, sorted in 5 mins. Very pleased.

Thats Metal Morphosis.

It's up to you if you want to be pierced by someone who done a crash course in "piercing college".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

It's kinda funny how they stick to rules like this that real piercers wont worry TOO much about but are unable to do anything which is in any way out of the ordinary, stay away from MM I would say.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Aye, Metal Morposis wouldnt be top of my list for reputable piercing parlours.
    The place charges that little bit extra than anywhere else and Ive only known 3 people who've gone there and two of them have gotten infections(not from miscare as they have a few piercings themselves). Id suggest staying away from that place if at all possible. Theres enough piercing parlours suggested on this forum to make up your own mind about a decent place to get some pain into you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

i've heard nothing but bad news from their. my cousin got her tounge pierced and they put it in at an angel so when it sits its tilted to oneside and she keeps biting the top ball when shes eating, from being so far over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I went into them once not knowing how bad they are and asked them to do my Prince Albert, they did what they call a " PA check" and apparently came to the conclusion that I was too veiny down there and they couldn't do it. A few weeks later I was in Snakebite and asked them about PA, they said no problem and laughed when I told them about the MM "PA Check", then they promptly pierced me and I have not had the permanent bleeding that MM said I would, in fact absolutely no problems. MM have no idea what they are doing.

I won't get it done there anyway. Bodyshock is pretty reputable though.

Advertisement