Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best place in dublin for tyres?

Options
  • 24-03-2005 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

lads just wondering where is the best place for new tyres in dublin pref. dublin 15 & surrounding, or how much to get tyres fitted if bought off someone like www.eiretyres.com , any help is greatly appreciated.

rgds

TL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

lads just wondering where is the best place for new tyres in dublin pref. dublin 15 & surrounding, or how much to get tyres fitted if bought off someone like www.eiretyres.com , any help is greatly appreciated.

rgds

TL

It's a bit far from Dublin 15 but I rang Sandyford Tyres when Eirtyres recommended them for fitting and they basically matched the price to €10 difference c/t Eirtyres online price (admittedly tyres were Dunlop SP3000s which are average W rated, etc., ).

If you go to the fitting section of Eirtyres they will have a local recommended fitter for you. Cost is usually aroudn €10 per tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

I used to live in the D15 area but never really found a suitable place in D15. The best I found was on the old Airport Road in Santry - Advanced Tyres (not pitstop). Very good value for money, well compare to everyone else anyway. For my wife's car I bought 4 new 195 / 55 R15 Pirelli P6000s for €80 each including fitting and balancing. This was compared to €130 per tyre off a mainstream kwick-rip off place in D15.

Have used the place a few times and found it to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

thanks lads ill prop give advanced tyres a go today cos as luck would have it i got a puncture this morning and there is no point getting the puncture repaired as the tyres are well worn at this stage, ill let ye know how i get on.

rgds

TL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

eiretyres are good if you can find someone to fit the tyres for ya. Most places won't fit the tyres cause they want to sell you tyres cause they make most of their money on the mark up and not the fitting.
    Dave McCann Tyres in Dub 15 practically told me to **** off when I asked would he fit tyres if I bought them from eiretyres even though he is listed as a suggested fitter on the site!

Advertisement